|Headquarters||Ashburn, Virginia, USA|
|Key people||Carl Mergele, EVP/General Manager
James Zubok, VP of Business Development/Strategy
David Mountcastle, VP of Finance
Neil Moses, VP of Operations
David Luzier, CTO
|Products||Intelligent data capture for document-based business process automation, enterprise search|
Brainware is an American software company that markets data capture and extraction products. The company spun out of Dulles-based SER Solutions Inc. in February 2006 when SER was acquired by The Gores Group LLC. From February 2006 to March 2012, Brainware’s majority owner was San Francisco-based private equity firm Vista Equity Partners.
Brainware is headquartered in Ashburn, Virginia, USA, with sales, support, professional services and R&D offices in London, UK, Kirchzarten, Germany and Neuchâtel, Switzerland. The company has partnerships with most major enterprise software providers, including Oracle, SAP and Microsoft, and claims its software integrates with most available enterprise content management platforms. Brainware has also partnered with a number of hardware providers, notably Hewlett-Packard, Fujitsu and OPEX.
Brainware claims its software "can relieve a company of 60 percent to 80 percent of the work of manually keying in information from unstructured documents," and services large companies such as NEC, Mayo Clinic, Bechtel, Royal Dutch Shell and Rabobank.
Brainware and its customers have been profiled in publications including Profit Online, Business Finance, imageSource, Managing Automation, Industryweek, Treasury & Risk and others. The company's enterprise search technology has been profiled by InfoWorld.
- "Lexmark buys BDGB Enterprise for about $148M". 2012-03-05. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Vista Equity Partners". Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Darlene Darcy (2009-04-20). "Brainware bulks up as potential clients slim down". Washington Business Journal. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "Data Capture and Enterprise Search Partnerships". Archived from the original on 2012-05-27. Retrieved 2011-11-03.
- Rachel Leon (2010-08-04). "Loudoun-based software company services globally, hires locally". Loudoun Times. Retrieved 2011-11-03.
- "Brainware’s Customers Demonstrate Success Across All Industries". Archived from the original on 2012-07-19. Retrieved 2011-11-03.
- Alan Pelz-Sharpe (2011-11-01). "ECM Vendor Evaluations: Real Story on Weaknesses and Strengths". Real Story Group. Retrieved 2011-11-01.
- Marta Bright (October 2011). "Brainware and Oracle Modernize Procurement for Her Majesty's Prison Service". Profit Online. Retrieved 2011-11-01.
- Mary Driscoll (2011-10-18). "Touchless AR Processing Boosts Productivity". Business Finance. Retrieved 2011-11-01.
- Charles Kaplan (2011-05-09). "Intelligent Data Capture: Fulfill the Promise of BPA". imageSource. Retrieved 2011-11-01.
- "Operational Excellence Mastery: Gardner Denver Inc.". Managing Automation. 2011-5. Retrieved 2011-11-01.
- Brad Kenney (2007-11-02). "Product 2.0: Brainware's Intelligent Data Capture". IndustryWeek. Retrieved 2011-11-03.
- "Silver AHA Winner in Technology Excellence". Treasury & Risk. November 2010. Retrieved 2011-11-01.
- Ephraim Schwartz (2009-02-09). "The case for unintelligent matches". InfoWorld. Retrieved 2011-11-03.