Bramley Vale shown within Derbyshire
|OS grid reference|
|Civil parish||Ault Hucknall|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Dialling code||+44 (0) 1246|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
Bramley Vale is a former colliery village and has a lengthy mining heritage, from the opening of the Glapwell colliery in 1882 till it closed in 1974 with all the men being transferred to other local colleries
The village is four miles south of Bolsover, close to junction 29 of the M1 motorway, and has good transport links to Chesterfield, Mansfield, and Nottingham provided by the TM Travel service number 73 and Pronto bus. The A617 road runs straight through the village.
It has two local shops (one of which has a free ATM and Post Office).
Companies based in Bramley Vale include:-
- Eve Trackway who specialise in temporary access systems and related services from trackway systems, barriers, fencing and traffic management to security with headquarters in Bramley Vale.
- Coverworld, producers and suppliers of single and twin skin coated steel cladding systems.
- Craig King - Professional footballer
- http://www.oldminer.co.uk/New/Glapwell.htm, Glapwell Collieries - Glapwell Shaft No 2
- http://www.prontobus.co.uk, Pronto Bus Website.
- http://www.evetrakway.co.uk, Eve Trackway website
- http://www.coverworld.co.uk/, Coverworld UK Ltd.
Media related to Bramley Vale at Wikimedia Commons
|This Derbyshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|