Brampton City Council
It consists of the Mayor of Brampton, currently Susan Fennell, five elected regional councillors and five elected city councillors. Each councillor represents two city wards.
- Ward 1 and 5 - Elaine Moore
- Ward 2 and 6 - Paul Palleschi
- Ward 3 and 4 - John Sanderson
- Ward 7 and 8 - Gael Miles
- Ward 9 and 10 - John Sprovieri
- Ward 1 and 5 - Grant Gibson
- Ward 2 and 6 - John Hutton
- Ward 3 and 4 - Bob Callahan
- Ward 7 and 8 - Sandra Harnes
- Ward 9 and 10 - Vicky Dhillon
- Revee John Lynch
- John Elliot Senior
- John Holmes
- Peleg Howland
- Mayor John Haggert
- Reeve Kenneth Chisholm, Deputy-Reeve D. S. Leslie
- East Ward: William McCulla, John W. Cole, John Robertson
- South Ward: James Golding, John Anthony, Thomas Milner
- West Ward: William Milner, Patrick Purcell, S. Williamson
- North Ward: R. H. Lewis, J. W. Beynon, Alexander Pattullo
- Mayor B. Harper Bull
- Reeve C. Carman Core, Deputy-Reeve W. G. Thompson
- F. F. Beckett
- J. E. Calvert
- A. Dyball
- E. F. Furness
- Mrs. S. B. Horwood
- Cyril O'Reilly
- City executives: Clerk-Treasurer J. Galway, Assessor Norman E. Hale, Engineer George F. Kimball, Building Inspector Dennis Warren, Water Commissioners John Patterson, E. A. Ingram, Hydro Commissioners W. J. Abell, and W. P. Dale.
Listed as regional councillor, city councillor
- Mayor Susan Fennell
- Ward 1 and 5 - Elaine Moore, Grant Gibson
- Ward 2 and 6 - Paul Palleschi, John Hutton
- Ward 3 and 4 - Susan DiMarco, Bob Callahan
- Ward 7 and 8 - Gael Miles, Sandra Harnes
- Ward 9 and 10 - John Sprovieri, Garnett Manning
The 2006 election was held November 13, 2006; the following people were elected.
- Mayor Susan Fennell
- Ward 1 and 5 - Grant Gibson (Region), Elaine Moore (Region)
- Ward 2 and 6 - John Hutton (City), Paul Palleschi (Region)
- Ward 3 and 4 - Bob Callahan (City), John Sanderson (Region)
- Ward 7 and 8 - Sandra Hames (City), Gael Miles (Region)
- Ward 9 and 10 - Vicky Dhillon (City), John Sprovieri (Region)
Biographical information on previous councillors
- Bill Cowie
- Cowie unsuccessfully challenged Susan Fennell in the 2003 election. He was the Sesquicentennial co-chair, with Sandra Hames.
- Susan DiMarco
- Wards 3 & 4 regional, until 2006.
- Susan Fennell
- Before becoming Mayor, Fennell was a councillor.
- Linda Jeffrey
- former councillor and Ontario MPP, Mayor elect 2014
- Ed Ludlow
- Ward 8, 1988-1991. Unsuccessfully ran for wards 2 and 6 in the 2003 election. Age 65 as of December 2006, guilty of molesting four boys between 1971 and 1975, when he was master instructor at Tora Martial Arts. Many more victims have yet to come forward
- Garnett Manning
- Wards 9 and 10, 2003-2006. Lost to Vicky Dhillon. In May 2006, he won the African Canadian Achievement Award (ACAA) for Excellence in Politics.
- Peter Robertson
- Before becoming Mayor, Robertson was a councillor.
- Uncredited author, Brampton Centennial Souvenir 1853-1853. Brampton, ON: Charters Publishing Company Limited, 1953.
- The Official Website of the City of Brampton, Ontario - www.brampton.ca