Brand New Music
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014)|
|Native name||주식회사 브랜뉴 뮤직|
|Genre||K-pop, hip hop, R&B|
|Predecessors||IC Entertainment (IC 엔터테인먼트)
Brand New Production (브랜드 뉴 프로덕션)
|Founders||Kim Se-hwan (Rhymer)|
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
|Area served||South Korea|
|Key people||Kim Se-hwan (CEO)|
|Production output||Music albums, concerts|
Brand New Music (Hangul: 브랜뉴 뮤직, also stylized BrandNew Music and initialized as BNM) is a Korean hip hop record label and talent agency, founded in 2011 by Rhymer (real name: Kim Se-hwan). It is based at Bangbae-dong, Seocho District, Seoul.
Brand New Music's roots were traced into IC Entertainment (Hangul: IC 엔터테인먼트), founded in 2003 by Rhymer. IC's first release was an extended play by N-Son (real name: Baek Si-jin, now known as Sijin), "Time 2 Shine" (October 2004). In 2006, it changed its name to Brand New Production (BNP) (Hangul: 브랜드 뉴 프로덕션) and added The Note, Keeproots (real name: Lee Geun-soo), Enjel (real name: Chae Eun-jung), and Taewan (real name: Kim Tae-wan, now known as C-Luv) in its artist line-up.
In the summer of 2009, BNP started negotiations with Cho PD (real name: Cho Joong-hoon) and his Future Flow (Hangul: 퓨쳐 플로우) label for a possible merger. Later on a September 4 episode of the debut season of Mnet's Superstar K, Cho PD and Rhymer announced the success of negotiations and the resulting entity will be Brand New Stardom (Hangul: 브랜드 뉴 스타덤). As a result, Brand New Production ceased from existence.
In August 2011, Rhymer decided to pull out of Brand New Stardom due to artistic, creative and business differences with Cho PD. Among BNS' artist line-up, Verbal Jint (real name: Kim Jin-tae), Tae Hye-young, Skull (real name: Jo Seong-jin), BNR, Keeproots, A-Man, and Miss S chose to go with him in his new label, the one we call today as Brand New Music (Hangul: 브랜뉴 뮤직).
In the teasers of Verbal Jint's new album "Go Easy", the new label's logo and identity were launched to the public.
|Debut||Name||Birth name (Hangul)||Gender|
|2001||Verbal Jint||Kim Jin-tae
|2010||San E4||Jung San
1 Taewan moved to this label in 2014. He is also known as C-LUV.
2 Sijin originally debuted under the name N-Son in 2004.
3 Bumkey is also a member of the boy band Troy. He originally debuted as a member of 2winS under CABA Entertainment in 2010.
4 San E originally debuted under JYP Entertainment in 2010. He moved to this label in 2013.
5 Kanto is also a member of the boy band Troy.
Duo / Group
|Debut||Name||Gender||Members||Leader||Disbanded||Fanclub name||Official color|
|2008||Miss S2||Female||2 ® 3 ® 2 ® 2 ® 3||Oh Yu-mi||-||Mestiny||-|
|2010||BNR (Brand New Radio)||Male||2||-||-||-||-|
|2014||Champagne & Candle||Male||2||-||-||-||-|
1 As One originally debuted under Rock Records Korea in 1999. They moved to this label in 2012.
2 Miss S originally debuted under Entium and Core Contents Media in 2008. They moved to this label in 2011.
3 Phantom is co-managed by WA Entertainment.
- Dong Ne-hyeong
- Lish Beats
- Paul Rhee
- Sugar J
- Won Young-heon
- Annie K
- Enjel (real name: Chae Eun-jung)
- J'kyun (real name: Kim Jung-tae) (now under Romantic Factory as a soloist and YMC Entertainment as a member of Lucky J)
- Keeproots (real name: Lee Geun-soo)
- The Note (now under Stardom Entertainment)
- Skull (real name: Jo Seong-jin) (now under Quan Entertainment)
- Tae Hye-yeong (former member of Miss S, now a waitress)
- Swings (Real name; Moon Ji-Hoon) (left to focus on his own label, Just Music)
Note: Majority of the contents of this article were referenced from the Korean article.
- "Brand New Production". Wikipedia. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- "Rhymer, amidst the storm of humiliation". News Hankook (in Korean). August 22, 2011. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- "Brand New Music launches the first episode of their reality series 'Brand New LIVE'". allkpop. January 31, 2013. Retrieved September 20, 2013.
- "Brand New Music's Taewan commemorates Michael Jackson with covers of his hits". allkpop. June 25, 2014. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- "H returns after 10 years with MV for "Lose Control" (ft. Kanto of Troy)". allkpop. February 15, 2013. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- "San E signs with Brand New Music after parting ways with JYPE + releases "Rap Circus" MV". allkpop. June 3, 2013. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- alim17 (October 21, 2013). "INFINITE's Sunggyu and Ladies' Code's RiSe take part in rapper Kanto's debut!". allkpop. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "As One (group)". generasia. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- Official website (Korean)
- Brand New Music on Facebook
- Brand New Music on Twitter
- Brand New Music's channel on YouTube