Brandon Academy Private School
|Motto||"Excellence in Education"|
|Grades||Pre-K - 8th|
|Location||801 Limona Road,
Brandon, Florida, USA
|Colors||Navy and white|
Brandon Academy Private School, or simply "Brandon Academy" or "BA," is a coeducational private day school located on a 10-acre (40,000 m2) campus on Limona Road in Brandon, Florida that serves students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
There are four relatively small buildings that make up the school: The elementary school building, the office building, the middle school building, and the media center (commonly referred to as "the new building," as it was built only a few years ago). The school teaches all basic classes, as well as computers, art, and Spanish to elementary school students, and offers all basic classes as well as a small variety of electives to middle school students.
The school is currently owned by Robert Rudolph, who took over from Terry Curry.
Awards and recognition
Brandon Academy was recognized as a National Award Winner for Outstanding Class Participation by the Fifteenth Annual Peace Education Awards (2005).
Footnotes and citations
- Brandon Academy Expands Field - Osprey Observer, April 2004
- Brandon Academy Student Wins Regional Scripps Spelling Bee - Brandon News & Tribune, March 2009
- Ybor City Stogie, March 2009
- St. Petersburg Times, May 2009
- St. Petersburg Times, June 2009
- Regional Scripps Spelling Bee Champion Nikitha Chandran 2012
- Nikitha Chandran 2012 scripps Spelling Bee Finalist
- FCIS Review of Brandon Academy
- Private School Review Information about Brandon Academy
- GreatSchools.net Review of Brandon Academy