No. 95 New Orleans Saints
|Date of birth:August 19, 1987|
|Place of birth: Fort Lee, Virginia|
|High school: Elizabethtown (KY)|
|NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 7 / Pick: 247|
|Debuted in 2010 for the New England Patriots|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2013
Brandon Augustus Deaderick (born August 19, 1987) is an American football nose tackle for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the New England Patriots in the seventh round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Alabama.
High school career
Deaderick attended Elizabethtown High School in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. As a junior, he had 95 tackles and 22 sacks, earning all-state honors. As a senior, he missed four games to injury but averaged ten tackles per game and recorded seven sacks on the season.
Following high school, Deaderick attended the University of Alabama, where he redshirted in his first season in 2005. As a freshman in 2006, Deaderick played in seven games, finishing with two tackles. In 2007, Deaderick appeared in all 13 games and made seven starts, recording 22 tackles and two sacks. As a junior in 2008, he started 14 games at defensive end and finished the season with 36 tackles and four sacks.
In 2009 Deaderick was shot in the forearm during a robbery attempt the week before the 2009 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game. He wasn't seriously injured in the incident, he would be medically cleared to play later in the week and subsequently play in the 2009 opener. Alabama finished the 2009 season 14-0 beating Texas 37-21 in the 2010 BCS National Championship game. He finished his senior season with 23 tackles and one sack.
New England Patriots
Deaderick was drafted by the New England Patriots in the seventh round (247th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft. He signed a four-year contract on July 9, 2010. As a rookie, Deaderick received his first career start in Week 6 against the Baltimore Ravens, recording his first career sack. He went on to start three of the next four games for the Patriots, but was a healthy inactive for the team's Thanksgiving game in Week 12 against the Detroit Lions. After playing in the next three games as a reserve, Deaderick missed the team's Week 16 game with an injury but was a healthy scratch for the regular season finale. He finished the regular season with 10 tackles and 2.0 sacks in 10 games played (four starts). On January 3, 2011, during the Patriots' playoffs bye week, Deaderick was suspended by the team. His suspension was lifted on January 7, 2011.
Deaderick played 14 games in the regular season with 18 tackles, 1 sack, and 2 forced fumbles. He was released by the Patriots on May 13, 2013.
New Orleans Saints
On June 3, 2014 he signed a one-year contract with The New Orleans Saints.
- Kausler, Jr., Don (September 1, 2009). "Tide defensive end Brandon Deaderick not injured seriously in shooting". The Birmingham News.
- Inabinett, Mark (September 4, 2009). "Alabama's Brandon Deaderick gets medical OK to play again". The Birmingham News.
- Price, Christopher (2010-07-09). "Patriots sign Deaderick". WEEI. Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- Reiss, Mike (2011-01-03). "Source: Brandon Deaderick suspended". ESPNBoston.com. Retrieved 2011-01-04.
- Gribble, Andrew (May 13, 2013). "New England Patriots release former Alabama DT Brandon Deaderick". AL.com. Retrieved May 14, 2013.
- Champlin, Drew (May 14, 2013). "Former Alabama DL Brandon Deaderick claimed off waivers by Jacksonville Jaguars". AL.com. Retrieved May 15, 2013.