Hicks with the San Francisco Giants
San Francisco Giants
|Shortstop / Third baseman|
September 14, 1985 |
|May 5, 2010 for the Atlanta Braves|
(through 2014 season)
|Runs batted in||30|
Brandon Ryan Hicks (born September 14, 1985) is an American professional baseball infielder who is a player for the San Francisco Giants. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Atlanta Braves, Oakland Athletics and San Francisco Giants.
Hicks attended Sam Rayburn High School in Pasadena, Texas. He attended San Jacinto College before transferring to Texas A&M University, where he played shortstop for the Big 12 Tournament Championship team.
For the following season, Hicks made the 2011 Opening Day roster of the Atlanta Braves after performing well in that season's Spring Training camp. On May 1, just five days short of a year after his Major League debut, Hicks collected his first Major League hit, an RBI single to left-center against Jaime Garcia of the St. Louis Cardinals.
He was claimed off waivers by the Oakland Athletics on March 13, 2012. Hicks hit his first career home run which was a walk off on July 18, 2012 against the Texas Rangers. Though the rest of the 2012 season he batted .172/.243/.391 in 64 at bats hitting 3 home runs and driving in 8 runs.
New York Mets
San Francisco Giants
Hicks signed a minor league contract with the San Francisco Giants in November 2013. He made the opening day roster due to an injury to second baseman Marco Scutaro. In his first appearance as a Giant he pinch-hit a home run to help the Giants beat the Diamondbacks. Hicks also hit the game-winning home run on April 27 to lift the Giants to a win over Cleveland. He was designated for assignment on July 11, 2014. In his stint with the Giants, Hicks hit .162, with 8 home runs and 22 runs batted in. On December 15, 2014 Hicks signed a minor league contract with the San Francisco Giants.
- Avery, Robert (December 2, 2013). "San Francisco Giants call on Hicks’ talents". The Pasadena Citizen. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- "Braves take advantage of Cardinals' maligned bullpen to notch win". ESPN.com. Associated Press. May 1, 2011.
- Curtright, Guy (March 14, 2012). "G-Braves infielder Hicks claimed off waivers by A's". Gwinnett Daily Post. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- "A’s Sell Infielder Brandon Hicks To NY Mets". CBS San Francisco. Associated Press. November 26, 2012. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- "Giants activate 2B Scutaro from DL". ESPN.com. Associated Press. July 11, 2014. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- Hood, Ryan (July 11, 2014). "Giants designate infielder Hicks for assignment". MLB.com. Retrieved July 18, 2014.
- Polishuk, Mark (October 6, 2014). "Players Who Have Elected Minor League Free Agency". mlbtraderumors.com. Retrieved October 6, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brandon Hicks.|