Pettigrew during the 2011 NFL season.
|No. 87 Detroit Lions|
|Date of birth:||February 23, 1985|
|Place of birth:||Tyler, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||270 lb (122 kg)|
|High school:||Tyler (TX) Lee|
|NFL draft:||2009 / Round: 1 / Pick: 20|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 7, 2014
|Stats at NFL.com|
Brandon Dennard Pettigrew (born February 23, 1985) is an American football tight end for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Lions with the 20th overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at Oklahoma State.
High school career
Pettigrew played college football at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, Oklahoma. He finished his senior season with 42 receptions for 472 yards. During his career he had 112 receptions for 1,450 yards and nine touchdowns.
In the 2009 NFL Draft Pettigrew was selected in the first round by the Detroit Lions with the 20th overall pick.
The best game of his rookie season came on November 22 against the Cleveland Browns: he caught six passes for 72 yards, including the game-winning touchdown.
During the 2010 NFL season, Pettigrew ranked third among tight ends with 71 receptions. He also finished seventh among tight ends with 722 receiving yards.
- "Pettigrew Pro Football Reference Profile". pro-football-reference.com.
- "Underused Pettigrew to get his due at combine".
- "NFL Events: Combine Top Performers". Nfl.com. Retrieved 2010-12-21.
- Detroit Lions Official Site November 27, 2009 Pettigrew will Require Season-Ending Surgery
- "NFL Transactions Report". NFL.com. Retrieved 2010-12-21.