Motherwell Shopping Centre
|Owner||Chester Properties and Columbus Capital (joint-ownership)|
|No. of stores and services||85+ (estimate)|
|Total retail floor area||350,000 m²|
Motherwell Shopping Centre is an outdoor shopping centre located in the centre of Motherwell, North Lanarkshire, Scotland. It is owned jointly by Chester Properties and Columbus Capital, who purchased the site from previous owners CALA Properties  on May 2010. The centre is known locally as Motherwell Town Centre.
History and Formation
Formerly the section of Brandon Street connecting to Motherwell Point in the post-war era, this section would later separate and be transformed into a pedestrianised street, leading to the creation of Brandon Parade. The new end of Brandon Street would later connect to a by-pass road known as Menteith Road. Plan The centre was later renamed Brandon Shopping Centre after CALA Properties purchased the centre. Due to the transition, many famous nationwide retailers, such as Primark, now have a store in the centre, making it one of the most attractive and well-known shopping centres in North Lanarkshire. On October 2013, the centre was given a radical upgrade, and was renamed Motherwell Shopping Centre upon completion.
The shopping centre is located close to Motherwell railway station, with access to services on routes including the West Coast Main Line, East Coast Main Line, Cross Country and Argyle Line providing local and longer-distance services, from Glasgow, Edinburgh, stretching out to as far as London and Penzance. It also has numerous bus stops located at Merry Street, Muir Street and West Hamilton Street, as well as a taxi rank at the North of the centre next to the public toilets.
Below are just a few of the many stores, For a full updated list visit the Store Finder
As of January 2014 ;
Argos, B & M Bargains, Bonmarché, Boots, British Heart Foundation, Card Factory, Game, Iceland, JD Sports, Poundworld, Poundland, Superdrug
- "Chester Buy Brandon Centre, Motherwell". Chester Properties. 25 May 2010. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- "Columbus Capital and Chester Properties join forces again to buy The Brandon Shopping Centre, Motherwell". Columbus Capital. 25 May 2010. Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- Stores, Motherwell Shopping Centre Official Website
- Brandon Shopping Centre, Cala Properties
- Facilities, Motherwell Shopping Centre Official Website
- "CALA SELLS THE BRANDON SHOPPING CENTRE". 18 May 2010. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- Find Us, Motherwell Shopping Centre Official Website
- "Mary Doll opens new mall". 18 October 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- Centre Plan 2, Google Maps
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Motherwell Shopping Centre.|