Motherwell Shopping Centre
The entrance to the South side of the centre
|Owner||Chester Properties and Columbus Capital (joint-ownership)|
|No. of stores and services||85+ (estimate)|
|Total retail floor area||350,000 m²|
Motherwell Shopping Centre is an outdoor shopping centre located in the centre of Motherwell, North Lanarkshire, Scotland. It is owned jointly by Chester Properties and Columbus Capital, who purchased the site from previous owners CALA Properties  on May 2010. The centre is known locally as Motherwell Town Centre.
History and Formation
Formerly the section of Brandon Street connecting to Motherwell Point in the post-war era, this section would later separate and be transformed into a pedestrianised street, leading to the creation of Brandon Parade. The new end of Brandon Street would later connect to a by-pass road known as Menteith Road. The centre was later renamed Brandon Shopping Centre after CALA Properties purchased the centre. Due to the transition, many famous nationwide retailers, such as Primark, now have a store in the centre, making it one of the most attractive and well-known shopping centres in North Lanarkshire. On October 2013, the centre was given a radical upgrade, and was renamed Motherwell Shopping Centre upon completion.
The shopping centre is located close to Motherwell railway station, with access to services on routes including the West Coast Main Line, East Coast Main Line, Cross Country and Argyle Line providing local and longer-distance services, from Glasgow, Edinburgh, stretching out to as far as London and Penzance. It also has numerous bus stops located at Merry Street, Muir Street and West Hamilton Street, as well as a taxi rank at the North of the centre next to the public toilets.
List of stores
- "Chester Buy Brandon Centre, Motherwell". Chester Properties. 25 May 2010. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- "Columbus Capital and Chester Properties join forces again to buy The Brandon Shopping Centre, Motherwell". Columbus Capital. 25 May 2010. Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- Main Page, Brandon Shopping Centre Official Website
- Brandon Shopping Centre, Cala Properties
- Centre Plan, Brandon Shopping Centre Official Website
- "Joint Venture to Purchase Motherwell Town Centre". 6 February 2007. Retrieved 2010-10-21.
- "CALA SELLS THE BRANDON SHOPPING CENTRE". 18 May 2010. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- Centre Plan 2, Google Maps
- "Mary Doll opens new mall". 18 October 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Motherwell Shopping Centre.|