Siler in the 2012 NFLseason.
No. -- Free agent
|Date of birth:December 5, 1985|
|Place of birth: Daytona Beach, Florida|
|High school: Orlando (FL) Evans|
|NFL Draft: 2007 / Round: 7 / Pick: 240|
|Debuted in 2007 for the San Diego Chargers|
|Roster status: Active|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012
Brandon T. Siler (born December 5, 1985) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He played college football for the University of Florida, and was a member of a BCS National Championship team. He was chosen by the San Diego Chargers in the seventh round of the 2007 NFL Draft.
After receiving athletic scholarship offers from the University of Tennessee and the University of Maryland, Siler accepted a scholarship to attend his home-state University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played for coach Ron Zook and coach Urban Meyer's Florida Gators football from 2004 to 2006. His impact was felt early, as he started six games as a freshman, and he was recognized as the Southeastern Conference (SEC) Freshman of the Year. The Gators' new head coach Urban Meyer replaced Zook for Siler's sophomore season in 2005, and Siler compiled seven fumble recoveries. His play during his junior season in 2006 helped the 13–1 Gators win the SEC Championship Game and the 2007 BCS National Championship Game, and he earned second-team All-SEC and third-team All-American honors from the Associated Press. Siler was known for his work-ethic, energy and leadership on the field.
2007 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1⅝ in||241 lb||4.62 s||1.56 s||2.66 s||4.39 s||7.34 s||30½ in||9 ft 1 in||23 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine, except 20ss and BP, which are from Florida Pro Day.|
San Diego Chargers
Siler, who also served as the Chargers backup long snapper, earned a spot on the Chargers roster and in 2007, he contributed on special teams, gathering the second highest amount of special teams tackles. In 2008, he continued excelling on special teams and received more time on defense. This time was magnified with the 4 game suspension of Stephen Cooper.
Kansas City Chiefs
On July 31, 2011, Siler signed with the Kansas City Chiefs. He was placed on the injured reserve list due to an Achilles tendon rupture on August 25. His contract expired after the 2012 NFL season and wasn't resigned.
- 2006 Florida Gators football team
- Florida Gators
- History of the San Diego Chargers
- List of Florida Gators football All-Americans
- List of Florida Gators football players
- List of Kansas City Chiefs players
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 80–81, 89, 97, 99, 102, 153–154, 185 (2011). Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- "Four Gator Defenders Earn AP All-SEC Honors, Harvin Takes Freshman Of The Year Award", GatorZone.com, December 4, 2006
- "Brandon Siler Draft Profile", Sports Illustrated, April 2007
- Sullivan, Mike (May 7, 2007), "Devastated by fall, Siler looks to rise", North County Times
- *Brandon Siler, ILB, Florida - 2007 NFL Draft Scout Profile, Powered by The SportsXchange
- Acee, Kevin (April 16, 2008), "Linebacker will sit out season's first four games", San Diego Union-Tribune
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.