|Boston Red Sox – No. 23|
November 23, 1986 |
Las Vegas Valley, Nevada
|Bats: Right||Throws: Right|
|September 10, 2010 for the Baltimore Orioles|
(through 2013 season)
|Runs batted in||20|
Brandon Ramon Snyder (born November 11, 1986) is an American professional baseball first baseman, third baseman, and outfielder who is a member of the Boston Red Sox organization. He played high school baseball at Westfield High School in Chantilly, Virginia.
Snyder made his MLB debut on September 10, 2010 against the Detroit Tigers. He came in as a defensive replacement in the 9th inning. His first Major League hit, an RBI single, came in the second inning on September 13, 2010, against Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Marc Rzepczynski.
Snyder played six games in two separate stints with the Orioles in 2011.
On December 12, 2012, the Rangers announced that Snyder had signed a minor league contract with an invitation to major league spring training. He was released on March 27, 2013.
Boston Red Sox
On March 31, 2013, Snyder signed a minor-league contract with the Pawtucket Red Sox. His contract was purchased by the Red Sox on June 25, 2013 to take the roster spot of Will Middlebrooks, who was optioned to the minors. Snyder resigned with the Sox in November, accepting a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
He is the son of former major league pitcher Brian Snyder.
- "Brandon Snyder Statistics and History". baseball-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- "September 10, 2010 Baltimore Orioles at Detroit Tigers Play by Play and Box Score". Baseball-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- "Brandon Snyder slugs the first home run of his MLB career". willierun.com. Willie Run. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Brandon Snyder on Twitter