Thompson at Redskins 2012 training camp.
No. 25 Ottawa Redblacks
|Date of birth:October 30, 1989|
|Place of birth: Elk Grove, California|
|College: Boise State|
|NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 7 / Pick: 213|
|Debuted in 2011 for the Washington Redskins|
|Roster status: Active|
Career NFL statistics as of 2011
Brandyn Thompson (born October 30, 1989) is an gridiron football cornerback who is currently a member of the Ottawa Redblacks of the Canadian Football League. He was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at Boise State.
2011 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 9 in||189 lb||293⁄4 in||9 in||4.53 s||1.57 s||2.56 s||4.12 s||6.66 s||33.5 in||9 ft 6 in||13 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Thompson was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft. Although he made the active 53-man roster at the start of the season, he was waived October 5, to make room for Phillip Buchanon after the latter's suspension ended. On October 6, 2011, Thompson was signed to the Redskins' practice squad. On November 5, 2011, Thompson was promoted back to the active roster after Buchanon was placed on injured reserve. He was waived again on November 8 and placed on the practice squad the next day. After the Redskins cut D.J. Johnson, Thompson was promoted back to active roster on November 30, 2011 to fill the roster spot. At the end of the 2011 NFL season, his rookie season, Thompson played a total of six games and recorded two tackles.
During the first OTA of the 2012 preseason, Thompson and Pierre Garçon accidentally collided into coach Mike Shanahan. Thompson was cut on August 31, 2012 for final cuts before the start of the 2012 season.
- NFL Combine Profile
- NFL Draft Scout
- Jones, Mike (October 4, 2011). "Thompson is waived to make room for Buchanon". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2011-10-04.
- Jones, Mike (November 5, 2011). "Redskins put Buchanon on injured reserve; Brandyn Thompson back on roster". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2011-11-05.
- Jones, Mike (November 8, 2011). "Redskins waive Brandyn Thompson, again". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- Jones, Mike (November 30, 2011). "Brandyn Thompson back on Redskins' roster". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- Corbett, Jim (May 21, 2012). "Redskins' Mike Shanahan knocked to turf in collision". USAToday.com. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- Jones, Mike (August 31, 2012). "Redskins’ cutdown day begins". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Boise State Broncos football bio
- Washington Redskins bio
- Ottawa Redblacks bio Archive copy at the Wayback Machine
- Brandyn Thompson on Twitter