|Number of locations||286 stores|
|Area served||Europe, Middle East|
|Key people||André Brantegem, Founder|
|Revenue||€295.2 million (FY 2006)|
|Operating income||€35.9 million (FY 2006)|
|Net income||€29.5 million (FY 2006)|
|Parent||Brantano N.V. (1962-2007)
Macintosh Retail Group (2007 - Present)
The company originated from a small factory run by André Brantegem and his brother in Lede, East Flanders. The Brantegem brothers were sons of a cobbler. They specialised in ladies' shoes which they sold to wholesalers and retailers in Belgium. Eventually the brothers separated and in 1962 André intitiated a retail outlet at the factory. This evolved into the Brantano chain of shoe shops.
In 2007, Dutch holding company Macintosh Retail Group took over ownership of Brantano.
- Brantano Luxembourg SA, operates stores in Luxembourg.
- Brimmo NV and Muys NV, operates stores in Belgium.
- Brantano (UK) Ltd
|Headquarters||Interlink Way West, Bardon, UK, United Kingdom|
|Number of locations||165+ stores|
|Area served||United Kingdom|
|Key people||André Brantegem|
Brantano (UK) Ltd, British subsidiary, owned by Macintosh Retail Group. The company currently operates over 145 stores in UK.
Television advertising campaign
Brantano UK LTD launched a television advert which features a fictional psychologist called Anne-Marie Brantano, portrayed as one of the giants of twentieth century psychology along with Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung. She is supposed to have discovered the 'sling-back synapse'; an imaginary part of the female brain in the shape of a shoe which reveals what women want from their shoe shopping experience. It also describes the condition "shoe rage". The concept of the campaign was to change the public's perception of Brantano from a discount warehouse, to a high fashion, affordable shoe megastore.
In 2011 Brantano opened 20 new stores in the UK and plan to expand into 2012-2013 to open many more stores.
- From 2008-2010, Brantano UK Ltd Refurbished their stores to bring a new modern style to collide with the Television Advertisement airing. In 2009 Brantano introduced a new concept of layout, by laying out merchandise in styles rather than sizes.
- In November 2011 Brantano opened their brand new Website include many new features and a new streamlined design.
Brantano has their own brands manufactured by external companies.
- Red Level - Mens and Ladies (Discontinuing 2013/14)
- Orchard - Mens and Ladies
- Osaga, Mecury or MX2 - Mens, Ladies and Kids
- Emilo Luca X - Mens and Ladies
- Emilo Luca X Red - Mens and Ladies
- Zinc - Mens
- Stone Creek - Mens
- Feet Street - Kids
- B-Club - Kids
- Skittles - Kids
Brantano UK has been helping to raise money for the baby charity Tommy's since 2008 and have raised £104,751.48 so far through its in-store fundraising events.