Brazos River Authority
|Purpose||Water conservation and reclamation|
|Headquarters||4600 Cobbs Drive, Waco, Texas, 76714|
|Region served||Brazos River basin|
|General Manager||Phil Ford|
|Main organ||Board of Directors|
The Brazos River Authority or BRA was created in 1929 by the Texas Legislature as a quasi-governmental entity to manage the Brazos River as a water resource in Texas. It was originally named the Brazos River Conservation and Reclamation District and renamed to the current name in 1953. The central office is located at 4600 Cobbs Drive in Waco.
- Lake Granbury on the Brazos River
- Lake Limestone on the Navasota River
- Possum Kingdom Lake on the Brazos River
The Authority will also manage the dam that will create Allens Creek Reservoir on Allens Creek, in the event it is ever built.
- Brazos River Authority from the Texas Handbook Online
- "Contact Information." Brazos River Authority. Accessed August 31, 2008.