Brazzaville (US band)
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Genres||Indie pop, bossa nova, chamber pop|
|Labels||South China Sea|
|Past members||Joel Virgel Vierset
Brazzaville is an indie pop band founded in 1997 by David Brown. Brown was at one time Beck's saxophonist and took part in recording of Odelay and Midnite Vultures. On May 7, 2009, David Brown officially announced the dissolution of the band, stating that he would henceforth be recording and releasing music under the named David Arthur Brown, albeit it with "many of the wonderful musicians who have contributed to Brazzaville records." However, June 23, 2009, David once again announced that the band will continue to exist in parallel with a solo career.
- David Arthur Brown (singer): Songwriter, Vocals, Guitar.
- Richie Alvarez: Keyboards.
- Paco Jordi: Guitars, Backing Vocals.
- Brady Lynch: Bass.
- Ivan Knight: Drums.
- 2002 (South China Sea, 1998)
- Somnambulista (South China Sea, 2000)
- Rouge On Pockmarked Cheeks (South China Sea, 2002)
- Welcome to... Brazzaville (Web of Mimicry, 2004), (Zakat, 2005) – a Greatest Hits album.
- Hastings Street (Zakat, 2004)
- East L.A. Breeze (Zakat, 2006), (Vendlus Records, 2006)
- 21st Century Girl (Zakat, 2008), (Vendlus Records, 2008)
- Brazzaville in Istanbul (Doublemoon Records, 2009)
- Jetlag Poetry (Zakat, 2011)
- Welcome to Brazzaville II (Zakat, 2012)
- Star Called Sun (Victor Tsoi cover, 2006)
- The Clouds in Camarillo (2007)
- Teenage Summer Days (Alexin cover, 2009)
- Foreign Disaster Days (2005)
- Jesse James (2006)
- Star Called Sun (2006)
- Peach Tree (2006)
- Bosphorus (2006)
- The Clouds in Camarillo feat. Minerva (Russian: Вершина мира) (2007)
- Girl From Vladivostok (Devushka From Vladivostok) (2009)
- Anabel 2 (2011)
- Rather Stay Home (2011)
- Boeing (2012)
- Barcelona (2012)
- Official Brazzaville site
- Brazzaville on Myspace
- Brazzaville at AllMusic
- Brazzaville songs lyrics
- Brazzaville page at Wimstream.com
|This article on a United States-based pop music group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|