Breach Candy Hospital
|Breach Candy Hospital|
|Location||Breach Candy, Mumbai, India|
|Lists||Hospitals in India|
It was established in 1950 at the upmarket Breach Candy area in South Mumbai, and designed by an English architect Claude Batley. Many famous Bollywood stars have given birth to their children at this hospital, including Bollywood superstar Sridevi who gave birth to her daughter Khushi here in 2000, Karishma Kapoor who gave birth to son Kiaan Raj Kapoor in 2010 and actress Sonali Bendre who gave birth to son Ranveer.
Breach Candy is a 212-bed hospital. It is well equipped, with a full suite of modern diagnostic equipment.
Vilasrao Deshmukh, who served as Minister of Science and Technology and Minister of Earth Sciences, was suffering from critical illness and was admitted to Mumbai's Breach Candy Hospital in the first week of August 2012, where he was diagnosed with both liver and kidney failure.
- "Special arrangements at Bombay hospital". 9 Oct 2000. Retrieved 13 Jan 2012.
- Pushpa Narayan and Prafulla Marapakwar (8 August 2012). "Vilasrao Deshmukh still critical, no liver transplant". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "liver and kidney transplants". Yahoo News, India. 14 August 2012. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "Vilasrao Deshmukh Passes Away, Twitter Celebrates | Gather". News.gather.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Vilasrao Deshmukh on life support". Hindustantimes.com. 07-08-2012.
- Arun Ram (Aug 14, 2012). "Vilasrao Deshmukh passes away". Times of India. Retrieved Aug 14, 2012.