|Directed by||John Suits
|Produced by||Gabriel Cowan
|Written by||John Suits
|Music by||Chris Kidd
Kari Rae Seekins
|Editing by||John Suits|
|Distributed by||Anchor Bay Entertainment|
|Running time||89 minutes|
Tonya (Ailsa Marshall) is tossed naked into a room with thirteen strangers. She quickly discovers that they are all players in a deadly game. She and the other contestants scramble to uncover why they are there and who is behind it.
- Ailsa Marshall as Fourteen (Tonya)
- David Higlen as Five (Harold Riehl/Unemployed-Convicted Rapist)
- Brad Culver as Six (Matt McKeown/Police Officer)
- Kim Estes as Ten (Henry)
- Keith Foster as Host
Co-directors Gabe Cowan and John Suits met at Cal Arts during their masters program in film directing. At the end of their first year, they shot Breathing Room. Writing took two weeks, and it was shot in eight days.
Breathing Room was released on DVD September 23, 2008.
Kathy Justice of Indy Week called it "low on camp and high on suspense", with a plot that resembles the 2006 French cult film 13 Tzameti. Scott Foy of Dread Central rated it 2/5 stars and called it derivative of Cube, Saw, and Battle Royale. Foy wrote that the film fails to live up to its potential, as too much of it seems like filler. Rod Lott of the Oklahoma Gazette called it a "largely effective, efficient film" that is 85% Cube and 15% Saw. Lott gave the film "an A for effort, and a C for execution." David Johnson of DVD Verdict called it a "taunt, well-made whodunit" with a convoluted denouement. Johnson wrote that the challenges that the characters face are not memorable or clever, but the characters' reactions are interesting. Marc Patterson of BrutalAsHell.com rated the film 2/5 stars and called it too unoriginal to enjoy.
- Foy, Scott (2008-07-22). "Fall Horror DVD-Palooza!". Dread Central. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- Kay, Jeremy (2013-04-15). "Gabe Cowan and John Suits, New Artists Alliance". Screen Daily. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- Justice, Kathy (February 20, 2006). "Nevermore Film Fest saves horror from those who would destroy it". Retrieved 2008-10-17.
- Foy, Scott (2008-09-18). "Breathing Room (DVD)". Dread Central. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- Lott, Rod (2008-09-20). "Breathing Room". Oklahoma Gazette. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Breathing Room". DVD Verdict. 2008-11-14. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- Patterson, Marc (2009-01-23). "DVD Review: Breathing Room". BrutalAsHel.com. Retrieved 2013-12-30.