Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge
|Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge|
Bridge in 1975
|Crosses||Ohio and Erie Canal|
|Owner||Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT)|
|Designer||Alfred M. Felgate|
|Design||Deck arch (open spandrel)|
|Total length||345 meters (1,132 ft)|
|Height||44.3 meters (145 ft)|
|Number of spans||5|
|Fabrication by||Highway Construction Co.|
|Opened||1931 (renovated 1989)|
|Replaces||Station Road Bridge|
The Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge is a bridge in Greater Cleveland, Ohio, U.S., connecting Brecksville in Cuyahoga County with Sagamore Hills Township in Summit County. It is located in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
Bomb plot 
Four of the five defendants have pleaded guilty and been sentenced. Defendants Douglas Wright, 27, of Indianapolis; Brandon Baxter, 21, of Lakewood; and Connor Stevens, 21, of Berea were sentenced in May 2012 by U.S. District Judge David Dowd to 11.5 years, 9.75 years, and 8 years in prison, respectively. Anthony Hayne, 36, also pleaded guilty, and on November 30, 2012 was sentenced to six years in prison.
The trial of the fifth defendant, Joshua Stafford, was delayed pending a psychiatric evaluation of mental competence. On April 15, 2013, Judge Dowd found that Stafford was competent to stand trial.
The defendants have been associated, to some degree at some time, with the Occupy Cleveland movement. After the incident the Occupy movement's organizers said that they do not represent "it or its nonviolent philosophy."
Further reading 
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge
- Watson, Sara Ruth; John R. Wolfs (1981). "Chapter 5: Ornamental and Park Bridges". Bridges of Metropolitan Cleveland. p. 77.
- Donaldson, Stan (2012-05-01). "Loss of Ohio 82 span would create traffic headaches for consumers, commuters and businesses". The Plain Dealer (Cleveland Live). Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- Reference number 86000078, Ohio Historic Preservation Office/National Register of Historic Places (since delisted).
- "Bridge bomb plot: What was the plan? How was it foiled?". The Plain Dealer. 2012-05-02. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Sentencing postponed for man accused in bridge bombing attempt". The Plain Dealer. November 21, 2012. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- Caniglia, John (2012-11-30). "Would-be bridge bombing suspect Anthony Hayne sentenced to 6 years in prison". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved 2013-04-17.
- "3 men get prison in failed Ohio bomb plot". Chicago Tribune. November 20, 2012. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- "Bridge bomb plot Joshua Stafford suspect in court over psych issues". Associated Press. April 15, 2013. Retrieved April 17, 2013.
- "Accused Ohio bridge bomber found mentally competent to stand trial". UPI. April 15, 2013. Retrieved April 17, 2013.
- "Anthony Hayne, Bomb Plot Suspect, Pleads Guilty In Cuyahoga Valley National Park Bridge Case". Huffington Post. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge, Spanning Cuyahoga River Between Brecksville & Northfield, Brecksville, Cuyahoga County, OH". Historic American Engineering Record.
- Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge at bridgehunter.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge|
|This article about a building or structure in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|