From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Wye Valley Walk passes through the village.
- Rowland Vaughan (1559–1629), landowner and pioneer of irrigation, was born in Bredwardine.
- Sir Charles Thomas Newton (1816–1894), archaeologist, was raised in Bredwardine, where his father was vicar.
- Francis Kilvert, diarist and cleric, was vicar of Bredwardine from late 1877 until his death on 23 September 1879.
- Herefordshire - Nikolaus Pevsner 1963
- Hadrian Cook, et al. "The origin of water meadows in England". British Agricultural History Society. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- ODNB: B. F. Cook, "Newton, Sir Charles Thomas (bap. 1816, d. 1894)", Retrieved 4 March 2014, pay-walled.
- ODNB: A. L. Le Quesne, "Kilvert, (Robert) Francis (1840–1879)", rev. Brenda Colloms Retrieved 4 March 2014, pay-walled.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bredwardine.|
|This Herefordshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|