Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf
|Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf|
|Grade 1 race|
|Race type||Thoroughbred - Flat racing|
|Distance||1 1⁄4 miles (2,000 m) or:
1 3⁄8 miles (2,200 m)
|Qualification||Fillies and Mares, 3-years-old & up|
|Weight||Weight for Age|
The Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf is a Weight for Age Thoroughbred horse race on turf for fillies and mares, three years old and up. It is held annually at a different racetrack in the United States as part of the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
The race is run at either 1 1⁄4 miles (2,000 m) or 1 3⁄8 miles (2,200 m), depending on the turf course configuration at the Breeders' Cup host track. For tracks which can accommodate either distance (Belmont, Woodbine, and Santa Anita ), it is run at 1 1⁄4 miles. The 2015 edition at Keeneland will be conducted at 1 3/16 miles because that track's turf course configuration does not allow for the two regular distances to be conducted on it. 
Beginning in 2007, the Breeders' Cup developed "The Breeders' Cup Challenge," a series of races in each division that alloted automatic qualifying bids to winners of defined races.
Each of the thirteen divisions has between three and ten of these, "Win and You're In," qualifying races.
In the Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf Division runners are limited to 14 and there are six automatic berths.
The "Win and You're In" races are:
1. the Beverly D. Stakes, a Grade 1 race at Arlington Park in Chicago, Illinois;
2. the Yorkshire Oaks, a Group 1 race at York Racecourse in York, England;
3. the Canadian Stakes, a Grade 2 race at Woodbine Racetrack in Toronto, Ontario, Canada;
4. the Flower Bowl Invitational Stakes, a Grade 1 race at Belmont Park in Elmont, New York;
5. the Rodeo Drive Stakes, a Grade 1 race at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California and
6. the Prix de l'Opera, a Group 1 race at Longchamp Racecourse in Paris, France.
- Ouija Board (2004, 2006)
Most wins by a jockey:
Most wins by a trainer:
Most wins by an owner:
Winners of the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf since 1999
- Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf "top three finishers" and starters
- Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships
- American Thoroughbred Racing top Attended Events