|National team||United States|
April 16, 1992 |
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||161 lb (73 kg)|
|College team||Texas A&M University|
Breeja Larson (born April 16, 1992) is an American competition swimmer who specializes in the breaststroke, and is an Olympic gold medalist. She earned a gold medal in the 4x100-meter medley relay at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
Larson was born in Mesa, Arizona, one of seven sisters. She later moved to Boise, Idaho where she attended Centennial High School (Boise, Idaho) for three years and graduated from Mountain View High School in Mesa in 2010. There she swam for the Centennial Patriot and Mountain View Toros high school swim teams. As a senior, she was the state runner-up in the 100-yard breaststroke. She also lettered in softball and track and field.
She attended Texas A&M University, where she swam for the Texas A&M Aggies swimming and diving team in National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) competition from 2011 to 2014. As a freshman, she finished second in both the 100-yard and 200-yard breaststroke at the 2011 NCAA Women's Swimming and Diving Championships; as a sophomore in 2012, she was the NCAA national champion in the 100-yard breaststroke, and finished third in the 200-yard event. She was a senior during the 2013–14 school year. She is the current American record-holder in the 100-yard and 200-yard breaststroke 57.43 and 2:04.48, respectively.
At the 2012 United States Olympic Trials in Omaha, Nebraska, the qualifying meet for the 2012 Olympics, Larson made the U.S. Olympic team for the first time by winning the 100-meter breaststroke in a time of 1:05.92, ahead of favorite Rebecca Soni. At the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, she earned a gold medal by swimming for the winning U.S. team in the preliminaries of the 4x100-meter medley relay. At the final 100-meter breaststroke, Larson false started. However, it was determined there was a technical issue and she was allowed to compete. She finished in sixth place.
- List of Olympic medalists in swimming (women)
- List of Texas A&M University people
- List of United States records in swimming
- Texas A&M Aggies
- Breeja Larson's profile at the Olympic Games 2012 official site
- "2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trials (swimming) – Women's 100 metre breaststroke (final)". Omega Timing. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- Breeja Larson – National Team swimmer profile at USASwimming.org
- Breeja Larson at the United States Olympic Committee
- Breeja Larson – Texas A&M University athlete profile at AggieAthletics.com