Bregovo Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Брегово) is a frontier municipality (obshtina) in Vidin Province, Northwestern Bulgaria, located along the right bank of Danube river in the Danubian Plain. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Bregovo. The area borders on the Republic of Serbia to the west and Romania beyond the Danube to the north and it is the most northwestern part of the country.
The municipality embraces a territory of 180 km² with a population of 6,168 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Bregovo Municipality within Vidin Province
Bregovo Municipality includes the following 10 places (towns are shown in bold):
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,
According to the 2011 census, among those who answered the optional question on ethnic identification, the ethnic composition of the municipality was the following:
- ^ a b (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- ^ (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- ^ (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- ^ (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- ^ (English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- ^ „pop-stat.mashke.org“
- ^ "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- ^ Population by province, municipality, settlement and ethnic identification, by 01.02.2011; Bulgarian National Statistical Institute (Bulgarian)