Brejo da Madre de Deus
Brejo da Madre de Deus (Swamp of the Mother of God) is a city located in the state of Pernambuco, Brazil. Located at 202 km away from Recife, capital of the state of Pernambuco. Has an estimated (Ibge 2009) population of 42.250 inhabitants. Its nationally famous to host every easter a large open air theater show designated passion of Christ in New Jerusalem.
- State - Pernambuco
- Region - Agreste Pernambucano
- Boundaries - Santa Cruz do Capibaribe and Taquaritinga do Norte (N); Belo Jardim, São Caetano and Tacaimbó (S); Caruaru (E); Jataúba (W).
- Area - 762.09 km2
- Elevation - 627 m
- Hidrography - Capibaribe River
- Vegetation - Subcaducifólia forest
- Clima - Semi arid Hot
- Annual average temperature - 22.0 c
- Distance to Recife - 202 km
In Fazenda Nova, which means New Farm, a district of Brejo da Madre de Deus is located the Park of Sculptures and the famous New Jerusalem theater.
The theater city hosts every year in the Easter an outdoor theater show designated Passion of Christ which tell us the history of death and resurrection of Jesus. Its considered the largest open-air theater in the world due to its 100000 m2 (1.1Million ft2), surrounded by 3500 meters of walls and 70 towers.
|Population||GDP x(1000 R$).||GDP pc (R$)||PE|
Economy by Sector 2006
|Primary sector||Secondary sector||Service sector|
|HDI (2000)||Hospitals (2007)||Hospitals beds (2007)||Children's Mortality every 1000 (2005)|
- http://www.ibge.gov.br/home/estatistica/populacao/estimativa2009/POP2009_DOU.pdfIBGE Population 2009 Brejo da Madre de Deus, page 32]
- Brejo da Madre de Deus 2007 GDP IBGE page 29
- PE State site - City by city profile
|This Pernambuco, Brazil location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|