|• Total||117.46 km2 (45.35 sq mi)|
|• Density||610/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Bremgarten District has an area, as of 1997[update], of 117.47 km2 (45.36 sq mi). Of this area, 48.7% is used for agricultural purposes, while 30.9% is forested. The rest of the land, (18.1%) is settled.
Bremgarten District has a population of 71,473 (as of 31 December 2012).
As of 2000[update], there were 2,402 homes with 1 or 2 persons in the household, 11,781 homes with 3 or 4 persons in the household, and 9,773 homes with 5 or more persons in the household. The average number of people per household was 2.43 individuals. In 2008[update] there were 10,969 single family homes (or 37.2% of the total) out of a total of 29,488 homes and apartments. There were a total of 479 empty apartments for a 1.6% vacancy rate.
Of the school age population (in the 2008/2009 school year[update]), there are 5,276 students attending primary school, there are 1,992 students attending secondary school, there are 1,349 students attending tertiary or university level schooling, and there are 30 students who are seeking a job after school in the municipality.
From the 2000 census[update], 32,805 or 53.2% were Roman Catholic, while 16,065 or 26.1% belonged to the Swiss Reformed Church. Of the rest of the population, there were 70 individuals (or about 0.11% of the population) who belonged to the Christian Catholic faith.
|Crest||Name of municipality||Population
(31 December 2012)
- Hilfikon became part of Villmergen in 2010, the area includes Hilfikon.
- On 1 January 2014 the former municipality of Hermetschwil-Staffeln merged into the municipality of Bremgarten (AG).
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau - Aargauer Zahlen 2009 (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Canton of Aargau Statistical Office, MS Excel document – Bevölkerungsbestand 2012 nach Gemeinde, Geschlecht u. Nationalität (per 31. Dezember 2012)] (German) accessed 23 July 2013
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau-Bereich 11 Verkehr und Nachrichtenwesen (German) accessed 21 January 2010
- Amtliches Gemeindeverzeichnis der Schweiz published by the Swiss Federal Statistical Office (German) accessed 14 January 2010
- Nomenklaturen – Amtliches Gemeindeverzeichnis der Schweiz (German) accessed 13 December 2014