Brenda Chapman (writer)
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2010)|
Brenda Chapman is a Canadian writer of mystery novels. Her Jennifer Bannon mysteries are for ages ten and up. She has also published several short stories and a murder mystery for adults.
Chapman grew up in Terrace Bay, Ontario, a small town on the North Shore of Lake Superior. She graduated from Lakehead University, majoring in English literature, and earned a Bachelor of Education degree from Queen’s University. After teaching special education for fifteen years, she became a senior communications advisor in the federal government. Chapman served two terms as President of Capital Crime Writers. She lives in Ottawa Ontario.
List of Published Novels
- Running Scared. Napoleon Publishing, 2004. YA
- Hiding in Hawk's Creek. Napoleon Publishing 2006 YA
- Where Trouble Leads. Napoleon Publishing 2007 YA
- Trail of Secrets. Napoleon Publishing 2009 YA
- In Winter's Grip. Rendezvous Crime Press 2010 Adult
- Cold Mourning. Dundurn Press 2014 Adult
List of Published Short Stories and Articles
- True North. Canadian Living, August 2001
- Thicker Than Water. StoryTeller Magazine,(Spring 2008) and Papercuts (Spring 2008)
- My Sister Caroline. When Boomers Go Bad, (Rendezvous Crime 2005)
- 2008 Audrey Jessup Award for Best Short Story for Evening The Score
- Hiding in Hawk's Creek selected by the Canadian Book Centre as an Our Choice novel for 2006.
- Hiding in Hawk's Creek shortlisted for the Canadian Association of Children’s Librarians for the 2006 Book of the Year for Children Award
- Brenda Chapman on CBC Canada All in a Day Literary Salon
- Bio of author Brenda Chapman from Napoleon Publishing
- Brenda Chapman Bio on CANSCAIP
- Canadian Teacher Magazine Review of Running Scared
- The Canadian Children's Book Centre - Directory of Authors
- Latest author creations on CANSCAIP (Canadian Society of Children's Authors, Illustrators and Performers)
- The Canadian Children's Book Centre (CCBC) Canadian books recommended for young readers; listing for Brenda Chapman.
- Ottawa Public Library Foundation: Brenda Chapman Profile
- Ottawa Focus, Online Guide to the Capital: Ottawa Authors