Brenda Putnam (1890–1975) Noted American sculptor and author. Born into a well connected family, she was the daughter of Herbert Putnam and granddaughter of George Palmer Putnam.
Her work can be seen at Syracuse University's Carnegie Library.
Putnam's book, The Sculptor's Way: A guide to modelling and sculpture, was first published in 1939  and is still considered a classic on the subject.
- Johnston Forbes-Robertson Folger Shakespeare Library  (1932)
- Flight University of Notre Dame, Snite Museum of Art, South Bend, Indiana and Harvard University, Fogg Museum, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1942
- William Adams Delano, 1950, National Academy of Design, New York
- Harriet, Isabella and Katherine Beecher. Stowe-Day Foundation, Hartford, Connecticut
- Jane Addams, Bronx Community College, Bronx, New York
- Pablo Casals, Hispanic Society of America, New York and Vil·la Casals, Sant Salvador del Vendrell (Catalonia)
- Ossip Gabrilowitsch, Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit, Michigan
- Portrait of Amelia Earhart, Syracuse University
- John Mapother, Speed Art Museum, Louisville, Kentucky
- several pieces at Brookgreen Gardens, South Carolina
- Cleveland Centennial half dollar, 1936.
- Simon Memorial 1917, Rock Creek Cemetery, Washington D.C.
- Carefree Days ca. 1932, Forest Lawn Cemetery, Glendale, California
- Fortitude, Kindliness, Vision 1943, Spring Hill Cemetery, Lynchburg, Virginia 
- "Porter Angel" Allegheny Cemetery. Pittsburgh PA http://www.alleghenycemetery.com/content.php?cat=about&page=points&mode=detail&id=15183
- ^ "Brenda Putnam". Smithsonian. Retrieved 26 October 2010.
- ^ Putnam, Brenda, The Sculptor's Way: A guide to modelling and sculpture Farrar & Rinehart, Inc. New York, 1939
- ^ Rubenstein, Charlotte Streifer, ‘’American Women Sculptors: A History of Women Working in Three Dimensions’’, G. K. Hall and Co. Boston, 1990 p. 248
- ^ http://siris-artinventories.si.edu/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1343668XY6539.3917&profile=ariall&source=~!siartinventories&view=subscriptionsummary&uri=full=3100001~!5125~!2&ri=5&aspect=Browse&menu=search&ipp=20&spp=20&staffonly=&term=Putnam,+Brenda,+1890-1975,+sculptor.&index=AUTHOR&uindex=&aspect=Browse&menu=search&ri=5
- ^ http://siris-artinventories.si.edu/ipac20/ipac.jsp?profile=