Brenda V. Smith
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (December 2011)|
Brenda V. Smith is a law professor at American University's Washington College of Law. From 2004 to 2009 she served on the National Prison Rape Elimination Commission. Smith was appointed to the Prison Rape commission by current House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. She graduated magna cum laude from Spelman College in 1980 and from Georgetown University Law Center in 1984.
- "The Commissioners". National Prison Rape Elimination Commission. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- Marshall, Carolyn (August 20, 2005). "Panel on Prison Rape Hears Victims' Chilling Accounts". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- Johnson, Carrie. "Panel Sets Guidelines For Fighting Prison Rape", Washington Post, June 23, 2009, retrieved July 2, 2009.
- "Prison Litigation: A Workshop for Plaintiffs' Attorneys", prisonlitigation.org, George Washington University School of Law, March 2008, retrieved July 2, 2009.
- Faculty page, at American University