January 7, 1991 |
East Saint Paul, MB, CAN
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||181 lb (82 kg; 12 st 13 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Portland Pirates (AHL)
Brendan Shinnimin (born January 7, 1991) is a Canadian ice hockey player who is a prospect for the Phoenix Coyotes of the National Hockey League (NHL). He is currently playing with the Portland Pirates in the American Hockey League.
Shinnimin played junior hockey for the Tri-City Americans of the Western Hockey League (WHL). Shinnimin was the WHL's leading scoring for the 2011–12 WHL season with 134 points, earning him the 2012 Bob Clarke Trophy. He not only led the WHL in scoring, but was the leading scorer in the entire Canadian Hockey League. He won the Four Broncos Memorial Trophy in 2012 as the WHL Player of the Year and was a unanimous pick as a Western Conference first team all-star. He ended his junior career with a 38 game point scoring streak, beginning on February 3, 2012, during which he scored 83 points. In 2010-11, he was named a WHL second-team all-star.
On October 19, 2010, Shinnimin was given a 12-game suspension - the longest in that league over the past four seasons – for his “dangerous hit-from-behind” which resulted in a concussion and a bruised back for Josh Nicholls of the Saskatoon Blades. In 2009, he played for Team WHL in the Subway Super Series against a team of Russian junior all-stars.
Awards and honours
|WHL Second All-Star Team (West)||2010–11|||
|Four Broncos Memorial Trophy as WHL Player of the Year||2011–12|||
|Bob Clarke Trophy as WHL leading scorer||2011–12|||
|WHL First All-Star Team (West)||2011–12|||
- Winnipeg's Shinnimin season's top WHL scorer - Winnipeg Free Press
- Elite Prospects - 2011 - 2012 WHL Total Points
- Fowler, A. (May 3, 2012). "Ams' Shinnimin named WHL's top player". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2012-05-14.
- Fowler, A. (May 2, 2012). "Tri-City's Shinnimin named WHL player of the year". Tri-City Herald. Retrieved 2012-05-14.
- Odland, K. (May 2, 2012). "Brendan Shinnimin named WHL player of the year". Calgary Herald. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- Fisher, S. (May 2, 2012). "Shinnimin shines". Calgary Sun. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- Tri-City Americans' forward Brendan Shinnimin proof perseverance can pay off - NHL.com - News
- WHL sends strong message on hits
- Fowler, A. (November 24, 2009). "Shinnimin hits the road". Tri-City Herald. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- King, P. (May 3, 2012). "King on CHL: Shinnimin, Houser Rise to Top". Sportsnet Media. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- Ams' Shinnimin Signs With NHL's Coyotes - WHL Network
- Brendan Shinnimin's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Brendan Shinnimin's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|