Bookwalter at the 2013 Critérium du Dauphiné
February 16, 1984 |
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||70 kg (150 lb)|
|Current team||BMC Racing Team|
|Rider type||Time trialist|
USA Cycling National Development Team
|2008–||BMC Racing Team|
|Infobox last updated on
June 22, 2014
Brent Bookwalter (born February 16, 1984 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States) is an American professional cyclist riding for the BMC Racing Team. He attended St. Christopher's School, Richmond in Richmond, Virginia.
Bookwalter was a member of the Lees-McRae college (Banner Elk, NC) cycling team from 2003–2006. While a member they won 7 national titles.
He came to the attention of many cycling fans for the first time when he finished second in the opening time trial at the 2010 Giro d'Italia. His time in the prologue time trial to the Tour de France later in the season was also provisionally in the top ten most of the day. In 2013, Brookwalter won the first stage of the Tour of Qatar, which was marked by strong winds, creating breaks in the peloton. Bookwalter and two other riders escaped from the leading group with 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) to cover and successfully defended their lead, and Bookwalter outsprinted the pair. The chasers were on their heels as they crossed the line and were awarded the same time as him.
- 1st Prologue Tour of Utah
- 1st Fall Tour Invitational
- 3rd National Time Trial Championships
- 2nd National Road Race Championships
- 2nd National Time Trial Championships
- 2nd Overall Tour of Qatar
- 1st Stages 1 & 2 (TTT)
- 2nd Overall Tour of Alberta
- 1st Stage 1 (TTT) Giro del Trentino
Grand Tour general classification results timeline
WD = Withdrew; In Progress = IP
- BMC Racing Team Profile, BMC Racing Team
- "BMC Racing Team (BMC) – USA". UCI World Tour. Union Cycliste Internationale. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- St. Christopher's School, Richmond
- 2010 Liège–Bastogne–Liège standings, Liège–Bastogne–Liège website.
- Andrew Hood (May 8, 2010). "Bookwalter beaming after runner-up ride". VeloNews (Competitor Group, Inc.). Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- Shane Stokes (February 3, 2013). "Bookwalter races to stage win and first leader’s jersey in Tour of Qatar". VeloNation (Velo Nation LLC). Retrieved February 3, 2013.
Media related to Brent Bookwalter at Wikimedia Commons
|This biographical article relating to American cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|