|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (December 2011)|
Brett Abrahams, PhD (born March 3, 1973) is a geneticist and neuroscientist involved in the identification and subsequent functional characterization of the autism-related gene CNTNAP2 with Dan Geschwind at UCLA. Publications in scientific journals including Cell, Nature, New England Journal of Medicine, together with reviews in Nature Reviews Genetics  and the textbook Human Genetics: Problems & Approaches, have been cited by others over 2000 times. Work Dr. Abrahams has contributed to has also made the Autism Speaks “Top Ten Research Advances" list in each of 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011. These and other discoveries have received attention from international media outlets including: ABC News, BBC News, The National Post, Reuters, The Telegraph, Time Magazine, and US News and World Report. Abrahams is an Assistant Professor at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City.
- B. S. Abrahams, D. Tentler, J. V. Perederiy, M. C. Oldham, G. Coppola, D. H. Geschwind, Genome-wide analyses of human perisylvian cerebral cortical patterning. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104, 17849 (Nov 6, 2007).
- M. Alarcon*, B. S. Abrahams*, J. L. Stone, J. A. Duvall, J. V. Perederiy, J. M. Bomar, J. Sebat, M. Wigler, C. L. Martin, D. H. Ledbetter, S. F. Nelson, R. M. Cantor, D. H. Geschwind, Linkage, Association, and Gene-Expression Analyses Identify CNTNAP2 as an Autism-Susceptibility Gene. Am J Hum Genet 82, 150 (Jan 10, 2008).
- B. Bakkaloglu*, B. J. O'Roak*, A. Louvi, A. R. Gupta, J. F. Abelson, T. M. Morgan, K. Chawarska, A. Klin, A. G. Ercan-Sencicek, A. A. Stillman, G. Tanriover, B. S. Abrahams, J. A. Duvall, E. M. Robbins, D. H. Geschwind, T. Biederer, M. Gunel, R. P. Lifton, M. W. State, Molecular cytogenetic analysis and resequencing of contactin associated protein-like 2 in autism spectrum disorders. Am J Hum Genet 82, 165 (Jan, 2008).
- S. C. Vernes, D. F. Newbury, B. S. Abrahams, L. Winchester, J. Nicod, M. Groszer, M. Alarcon, P. L. Oliver, K. E. Davies, D. H. Geschwind, A. P. Monaco, S. E. Fisher, A functional genetic link between distinct developmental language disorders. N Engl J Med 359, 2337 (Nov 27, 2008).
- S. C. Panaitof, B. S. Abrahams, H. Dong, D. H. Geschwind, S. A. White, Language-related Cntnap2 gene is differentially expressed in sexually dimorphic song nuclei essential for vocal learning in songbirds. J Comp Neurol 518, 1995 (Jun 1, 2010).
- A. A. Scott-Van Zeeland, B. S. Abrahams, A. I. Alvarez-Retuerto, L. I. Sonnenblick, J. D. Rudie, D. Ghahremani, J. A. Mumford, R. A. Poldrack, M. Dapretto, D. H. Geschwind, S. Y. Bookheimer, Altered functional connectivity in frontal lobe circuits is associated with variation in the autism risk gene CNTNAP2. Sci Transl Med 2, 56ra80 (Nov 3, 2010).
- O. Penagarikano, B. S. Abrahams, E. I. Herman, K. D. Winden, A. Gdalyahu, H. Dong, L. I. Sonnenblick, R. Gruver, J. Almajano, A. Bragin, P. Golshani, J. T. Trachtenberg, E. Peles, D. H. Geschwind, Absence of CNTNAP2 Leads to Epilepsy, Neuronal Migration Abnormalities, and Core Autism-Related Deficits. Cell 147, 235 (Sep 30, 2011).
- K. Wang, H. Zhang, D. Ma, M. Bucan, J. T. Glessner, B. S. Abrahams, D. Salyakina, M. Imielinski, J. P. Bradfield, P. M. Sleiman, C. E. Kim, C. Hou, E. Frackelton, R. Chiavacci, N. Takahashi, T. Sakurai, E. Rappaport, C. M. Lajonchere, J. Munson, A. Estes, O. Korvatska, J. Piven, L. I. Sonnenblick, A. I. Alvarez Retuerto, E. I. Herman, H. Dong, T. Hutman, M. Sigman, S. Ozonoff, A. Klin, T. Owley, J. A. Sweeney, C. W. Brune, R. M. Cantor, R. Bernier, J. R. Gilbert, M. L. Cuccaro, W. M. McMahon, J. Miller, M. W. State, T. H. Wassink, H. Coon, S. E. Levy, R. T. Schultz, J. I. Nurnberger, J. L. Haines, J. S. Sutcliffe, E. H. Cook, N. J. Minshew, J. D. Buxbaum, G. Dawson, S. F. Grant, D. H. Geschwind, M. A. Pericak-Vance, G. D. Schellenberg, H. Hakonarson, Common genetic variants on 5p14.1 associate with autism spectrum disorders. Nature 459, 528 (May 28, 2009).
- B. S. Abrahams, D. H. Geschwind, Advances in autism genetics: on the threshold of a new neurobiology. Nat Rev Genet 9, 341 (May, 2008).
- B. S. Abrahams, D. H. Geschwind, in Human Genetics: Problems & Approaches, M. R. Speicher, S. E. Antonarakis, A. G. Motulsky, Eds. (Springer-Verlag, 2010), vol. 4th Edition.
- "Google Scholar". Retrieved 27 December 2011.
- D. Pinto, A. T. Pagnamenta, L. Klei, R. Anney, D. Merico, R. Regan, J. Conroy, T. R. Magalhaes, C. Correia, B. S. Abrahams, J. Almeida, E. Bacchelli, G. D. Bader, A. J. Bailey, G. Baird, A. Battaglia, T. Berney, N. Bolshakova, S. Bolte, P. F. Bolton, T. Bourgeron, S. Brennan, J. Brian, S. E. Bryson, A. R. Carson, G. Casallo, J. Casey, B. H. Chung, L. Cochrane, C. Corsello, E. L. Crawford, A. Crossett, C. Cytrynbaum, G. Dawson, M. de Jonge, R. Delorme, I. Drmic, E. Duketis, F. Duque, A. Estes, P. Farrar, B. A. Fernandez, S. E. Folstein, E. Fombonne, C. M. Freitag, J. Gilbert, C. Gillberg, J. T. Glessner, J. Goldberg, A. Green, J. Green, S. J. Guter, H. Hakonarson, E. A. Heron, M. Hill, R. Holt, J. L. Howe, G. Hughes, V. Hus, R. Igliozzi, C. Kim, S. M. Klauck, A. Kolevzon, O. Korvatska, V. Kustanovich, C. M. Lajonchere, J. A. Lamb, M. Laskawiec, M. Leboyer, A. Le Couteur, B. L. Leventhal, A. C. Lionel, X. Q. Liu, C. Lord, L. Lotspeich, S. C. Lund, E. Maestrini, W. Mahoney, C. Mantoulan, C. R. Marshall, H. McConachie, C. J. McDougle, J. McGrath, W. M. McMahon, A. Merikangas, O. Migita, N. J. Minshew, G. K. Mirza, J. Munson, S. F. Nelson, C. Noakes, A. Noor, G. Nygren, G. Oliveira, K. Papanikolaou, J. R. Parr, B. Parrini, T. Paton, A. Pickles, M. Pilorge, J. Piven, C. P. Ponting, D. J. Posey, A. Poustka, F. Poustka, A. Prasad, J. Ragoussis, K. Renshaw, J. Rickaby, W. Roberts, K. Roeder, B. Roge, M. L. Rutter, L. J. Bierut, J. P. Rice, J. Salt, K. Sansom, D. Sato, R. Segurado, A. F. Sequeira, L. Senman, N. Shah, V. C. Sheffield, L. Soorya, I. Sousa, O. Stein, N. Sykes, V. Stoppioni, C. Strawbridge, R. Tancredi, K. Tansey, B. Thiruvahindrapduram, A. P. Thompson, S. Thomson, A. Tryfon, J. Tsiantis, H. Van Engeland, J. B. Vincent, F. Volkmar, S. Wallace, K. Wang, Z. Wang, T. H. Wassink, C. Webber, R. Weksberg, K. Wing, K. Wittemeyer, S. Wood, J. Wu, B. L. Yaspan, D. Zurawiecki, L. Zwaigenbaum, J. D. Buxbaum, R. M. Cantor, E. H. Cook, H. Coon, M. L. Cuccaro, B. Devlin, S. Ennis, L. Gallagher, D. H. Geschwind, M. Gill, J. L. Haines, J. Hallmayer, J. Miller, A. P. Monaco, J. I. Nurnberger, Jr., A. D. Paterson, M. A. Pericak-Vance, G. D. Schellenberg, P. Szatmari, A. M. Vicente, V. J. Vieland, E. M. Wijsman, S. W. Scherer, J. S. Sutcliffe, C. Betancur, Functional impact of global rare copy number variation in autism spectrum disorders. Nature 466, 368 (Jul 15, 2010).