||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2011)|
|Born||Brett Quillen Claywell
April 11, 1978
Greensboro, North Carolina
Brett Claywell is most well known for his portrayal of young medical student Kyle Lewis on ABC’s long-running daytime series, One Life to Live. He earned critical acclaim and national recognition, as well as a GLAAD award, for his turn as one of daytime’s most talked about actors of 2010.
Claywell began acting at a young age, starting his acting career in the Children’s theater in his hometown of Greensboro, North Carolina. He continued performing on the stage all the way up through college, where he studied theater at North Carolina State University while also earning a degree in Architecture. While at NC State he was a member of the Phi Delta Theta fraternity. Following his graduation, he moved to Wilmington, North Carolina to pursue a life as an actor. After a few brief appearances on the WB’s Dawson’s Creek, he won a role in the pilot of the CW’s One Tree Hill. His portrayal of the Tim Smith instantly became a fan favorite, and remained so for all 3 seasons that he was on the show. He has also appeared in numerous episodes of the recent Joss Whedon show Dollhouse on FOX, where he appeared along lead actress Eliza Dushku. Claywell has made multiple appearances in films, most notably The Final Season, where he co-starred with Sean Astin, Powers Boothe, Rachael Leigh Cook and Michael Angarano.
Claywell has two older siblings: a brother, Christopher, and a sister, Traci.
- Dollhouse (3 episodes, 2009) ... Matt
- One Life to Live (Soap opera) (2009–2010) ... Kyle Lewis
- Babysitter Wanted (2008) (Movie) ... Hal (post-production)
- Legacy (2008) (Movie) ... Jeff Cook (post-production)
- Senior Skip Day (Movie) (2007) ... Carl Smith
- The Final Season (Movie) (2007) ... Patrick Iverson
- One Tree Hill (TV series) (2003–2008)... Tim Smith (recurring)
- Strike The Tent (Movie) (2005) ... Union Soldier (scenes deleted)
- 20 Funerals (Movie) (2004) ... Hughes
- Stateside (Movie) (2004) ... Marine, Company 1021
- Dawson's Creek (TV Series) Episode: "Rock Bottom" (2003) ... Set P.A.
- Dawson's Creek (TV Series) Episode: "Everything Put Together Falls Apart" (2002) ... Dancer