Bri Kulas (left) playing for Missouri in January 2014
June 2, 1992 |
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|High school||Shawnee Mission North
(Overland Park, Kansas)
|College||Kansas State (2010–2011)
Johnson County CC (2011–2012)
|Draft||28th overall, 2014
San Antonio Stars
Brianna Kulas (born June 2, 1992) is an American professional women's basketball player originally drafted with the San Antonio Stars of the WNBA in 2014. In her career, Kulas has played for the Kansas State Wildcats, Johnson County Cavaliers and Missouri Tigers. She was cut after attending training.
Kulas was born on June 2, 1992, the daughter of Greg Jordan and Kelly Williams in Shawnee Mission, Kansas. She attended and graduated from Shawnee Mission North High School where she played basketball starting with her freshman year on junior varsity. There she earned a Sporting News honorable-mention All-American honors. Coming off her junior year she committed to Kansas State where she had been offered her only scholarship opportunity.
After a season of receiving limited time with the Wildcats, Kulas transferred to Johnson County Community College in 2011. As a sophomore, she led the Cavaliers in scoring and was recognized as an NJCAA Division II All-American. In her two years at Missouri, she led the Tigers in scoring in her junior and senior years and scored over a thousand points overall. In her last season with Missouri, Kulas ranked second in the Southeastern Conference in scoring and led Missouri in scoring in 18 games. Kulas was drafted by the San Antonio Stars in the fourth selection of the third round (28th overall) at the culmination of her final year at Missouri. She was eventually cut by the team after attending training in May.
- Mizzou Athletic department. "Bri Kulas profile". Mizzou Athletics. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Toppmeyer, Blake (24 December 2013). "Senior forward Kulas took circuitous route to MU". Columbia Daily Tribune. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- WNBA.com. "WNBA Prospect Profile". WNBA Enterprises, LLC. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Toppmeyer, Blake (14 April 2014). "MU's Kulas selected by San Antonio in third round of WNBA Draft". Columbia Daily Tribune. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Bri, Kulas (13 May 2014). "Guest blog: Bri Kulas reflects on San Antonio Stars training camp, a friendship with Kayla McBride, and the future". Swish Appeal. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Columbia Daily Tribune (18 July 2014). "Kulas signs with pro team in Canary Islands". Columbia Daily Tribune. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
Former Missouri women’s basketball player Bri Kulas signed to play for Club Baloncesto Islas Canarias, a pro team in the Canary Islands of Spain. Kulas will head to the islands Sept. 15.