Brian Blad is the current mayor of Pocatello, Idaho. Brian Blad has replaced Roger Chase, the two-term incumbent. At the election on November 3, 2009, he obtained 3,792 votes to 3,417 for Chase.
He has spent many years as a small business owner in Pocatello, Idaho. Blad is the owner of a local business, Merlin's Insulation. He was sworn into office as Mayor in January of 2010. He is currently Chief Executive Officer of the city where he manages day to day operations of the city's government.
Before entering politics, Blad served for 12 years on the executive board of the non-profit Blow-in-Blanket Contractor's Association and served 3 years as an officer. Blad is recognized internationally as an expert in the insulation industry. He spent 10 years throughout North America to teach and train specific companies the importance of energy efficient building.
Blad also hosts his own television show, "Calling City Hall," on government access television.
Boards and committees
- Pocatello Development Authority
- Bannock Development Corporation
- ISU College of Technology Advisory Board
- Pedal Fest
- Pocatello Marathon
- Chamber Putt Putt Golf Tournament
- “Dancing with the Pocatello Stars” champion
- Kiwanis “Pancake Flipping” champion
Blad is married to his wife Laura and together they have 4 children, Ben, Jade, Jordan and Bryson.
- Kunz, Aaron (2009-12-15). "Mayor-Elect Brian Blad Talks About New Post". KPVI. Archived from the original on 2010-01-07. Retrieved 2010-01-07.
- Costa, Michelle (2009-10-19). "A Closer Look At Two Candidates Running for Pocatello's Mayor". KIFI-TV. Archived from the original on 2010-01-07. Retrieved 2010-01-07.
- "BIOGRAPHY MAYOR BRIAN BLAD". City of Pocatello. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
|This article about a mayor in Idaho is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|