||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (November 2013)|
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)|
|Member of the California State Assembly
from the 1st district
December 3, 2012
|Preceded by||new district|
|Born||September 20, 1965
|Children||2 sons, 1 daughter|
|Alma mater||Big Valley High School|
Brian Dahle is an American politician currently serving in the California State Assembly. He is a Republican representing the 1st district, encompassing the Shasta Cascade region and the northern Sierra Nevada. Prior to being elected to the state assembly, he was a Lassen County supervisor for 12 years.
Brian’s family history dates back to the original homestead farm in the 1930s in the Tule Lake area of Siskiyou County. The present Lassen County farm was purchased in the 1940s by Brian’s grandparents and has remained in the family since that time. When his parents retired, Brian and his wife Megan purchased the farm, which now operates over 2,000 acres.
In addition, Brian and Megan Dahle operate and manage Big Valley Seed and Big Valley Nursery.
Elected to the Lassen County Board of Supervisors in 1996, Brian has helped ensure that budget is balanced and that County is completely debt free. Lassen is one of just a handful of Counties without any debt.
Brian has taken a leadership role in helping strengthen rural counties. He is the past Chair and current Board Member for the Regional Council of Rural Counties, where he has been a leading defender of the North State’s private property and water rights.
Brian has earned other leadership opportunities, including:
• Past president, Western Interstate Region (National Association of Counties, NACO)
• Chair, Energy Environment Land Use Committee (NACO)
• Chair, California Housing & Finance Corporation
• Chair, National Housing & Finance Corporation
• Circle of Service Award (California State Association of Counties)
• Dale Sowards Award, public service award from Western Interstate Region (NACO)
Current Committee Membership
• Revenue and Taxation - Vice Chair
• Agriculture - Member
• Environmental Safety and Toxic Materials - Vice Chair
• Water, Parks and Wildlife - Member
• Select Committee on Agriculture and the Environment - Member
• Select Committee on Community and Neighborhood Development - Member
• Select Committee on Job Creation for the New Economy - Member
• Select Committee on Protecting California Food Safety Systems - Member