June 3, 1992 |
Jacksonville, FL, USA
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||201 lb (91 kg; 14 st 5 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Providence Bruins (AHL)
|NHL Draft||121st overall, 2011
Brian Ferlin (born June 3, 1992) is an American professional ice hockey Winger who is currently playing with the Providence Bruins of the American Hockey League (AHL) as a prospect for the Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was selected by the Bruins in the 4th round (121st overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Prior to attending Cornell University, Ferlin played junior hockey with the Indiana Ice in the United States Hockey League. Ferlin's outstanding play during the 2010–11 season was rewarded with him being selected to play in the 2011 USHL All-Star Game.
On April 11, 2014, at the completion of his collegiate career, Ferlin signed a two-year entry-level contract with the Boston Bruins.
|2008–09||Jacksonville Ice Dogs||MetJHL||38||45||44||89||33||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honors
|USHL All-Star Game||2010–11|||
|All-ECAC Rookie Team||2011–12|
|ECAC Hockey Rookie of the Year||2011–12|||
|Ivy League Rookie of the Year||2011–12|||
|All-Ivy League First Team||2013–14|||
|All-ECAC Third Team||2013–14|
- "Bruins sign Brian Ferlin to entry-level contract". Boston Bruins. 2014-04-11. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
- "U.S. World Junior Spotlight: Brian Ferlin". The United States of Hockey.com. 2011-11-18. Retrieved 2011-11-18.
- "Hockey ivy rivals compete in Semi's". Cornell Sun. 2012-03-16. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "Ferlin selected as rookie of the year". Cornell Big Red. 2012-03-01. Retrieved 2012-03-01.
- "Men's Ice Hockey All-Ivy - 2013-14". IvyLeagueSports.com. 2014-03-15. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- Brian Ferlin's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Brian Ferlin's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|ECAC Hockey Rookie of the Year
|This United States biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|