Brian Henderson-Sellers (born 1951) is an Australian computer scientist, and Professor of Information Systems at the University of Technology Sydney. He is also Director of the Centre for Object Technology and Applications at University of Technology Sydney.
From 1976 to 1983 he was a lecturer in the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Salford in England and from 1983 at the department of mathematics. In 1988 he emigrated to Australia and became associate professor in the school of Information Systems at the University of New South Wales. In 1990, he founded the Object-Oriented Special Interest Group of the Australian Computer Society. He is co-founder and leader of the international OPEN Consortium. Currently he is professor of Information Systems at the University of Technology Sydney. He is also Director of the Centre for Object Technology and Applications at University of Technology Sydney.
He is also editor of the International Journal of Agent-Oriented Software Engineering and on the editorial board of the Journal of Object Technology and Software and Systems Modelling and was for many years the Regional Editor of Object-Oriented Systems, a member of the editorial board of Object Magazine/Component Strategies and Object Expert. And he is associate editor of the Enterprise Modelling and Information Systems Architectures journal. Also he is a frequent, invited speaker at international OT conferences.
Object-oriented Process, Environment and Notation
Object-oriented Process, Environment and Notation (OPEN) is a third-generation, public domain, fully object-oriented methodology and process. It encapsulates business issues, quality issues, modelling issues and reuse issues within its end-to-end lifecycle support for software development using the object-oriented paradigm. OPEN provides flexibility. Its metamodel-based framework can be tailored to individual domains or projects taking into account personal skills, organizational culture and requirements peculiar to each industry domain".
Henderson-Sellers is author of numerous papers including thirty-one books and is well known for his work in object-oriented and agent-oriented software development methodologies and situational method engineering (MOSES, COMMA and OPEN) and in OO metrics. A selection:
- 1992. Book of object-oriented knowledge : object-oriented analysis, design, and implementation : a new approach to software engineering.
- 1994. Booktwo of object-oriented knowledge : the working object : object-oriented software engineering : methods and management. With J.M. Edwards.
- 1996. Object-oriented metrics : measures of complexity
- 1997. OPEN process specification. With Ian Graham and Houman Younessi.
- 1998. OPEN Modeling Language (OML) reference manual. With Donald Firesmith, Ian Graham, foreword by Meilir Page-Jones.
- 1998. Object-oriented metamethods. With A. Bulthuis.
- 1998. OPEN toolbox of techniques. With Anthony Simons and Houman Younessi.
- 2000. Open modeling with UML. With Bhuvan Unhelkar.
- 2005. Agent-oriented methodologies. With Paolo Giorgini (ed)
- 2008. Metamodelling for software engineering. With César González-Pérez.
- 2008. Situational method engineering : fundamentals and experiences. Edited with Jolita Raylte and Sjaak Brinkkemper. New York : Springer, 2008.
- Home Page of Brian Henderson-Sellers. Accessed 27 May 2009.
- Enterprise Modelling and Information Systems Architectures: An International Journal. Accessed 26 May 2009.
- Awards and Appointments - November 2001 Accessed 27 May 2009.
- Object-oriented Process, Environment and Notation. Accessed 27 May 2009.
- Brian Henderson-Sellers List of publications from the DBLP Bibliography Server. Accessed 27 May 2009.