|91 – Brian Knight|
Knight in 2011
October 2, 1974 |
|MLB debut||May 7, 2001|
|Career highlights and awards|
Brian Michael Knight (born October 2, 1974) is an American professional baseball umpire. He has worked in Major League Baseball as a reserve umpire since 2001 and as a full-time MLB umpire since 2011. He wears number 91. Knight umpired in the 2012 MLB All-Star Game.
Knight umpired in the minor leagues for several years before his full-time MLB promotion in 2011. His service has included the Pioneer, Midwest, Florida State, Southern, and Pacific Coast Leagues. He umpired the Tokyo round of the 2006 World Baseball Classic, and was the home plate umpire for Jon Lester's no-hitter in 2008, and Josh Beckett's in 2014.
Knight umpired in the 2012 MLB All-Star Game and 2013 American League Wild Card Game, serving as the right field umpire under the tutelage of crew chief Gerry Davis on both occasions. Knight's first postseason game, the 2013 AL Wild Card, was played on his 39th birthday, October 2, 2013.
- "Umpires by 2013 MLB Crew Grouping, as of June 23rd". closecallsports.com. June 23, 2013. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Brian Knight - 91". MLB.com. Major League Baseball. Retrieved 2011-08-30.
- "Brian Knight". Retrosheet.org. Retrosheet. Retrieved 2011-08-30.
- Gerry Davis named home plate ump ESPN.com. Retrieved 3 July 2012
- Roster: 2013 Tiebreaker, Wild Card Games & Division Series Close Call Sports and the Umpire Ejection Fantasy League. Retrieved 3 October 2013
- Happy birthday... @UmpireEjections/Twitter.com. Retrieved 3 October 2013
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball umpire is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|