Lowdermilk’s most recent musicals have been collaborations with Kait Kerrigan. Their collaborations include The Woman Upstairs, The Unauthorized Autobiography of Samantha Brown (with Zach Altman) and Wrong Number. Lowdermilk and Kerrigan wrote TheaterworksUSA's adaptation of Henry and Mudge, which premiered Off-Broadway in 2006 at the Lucille Lortel Theatre. In one review of that piece, Lowdermilk and Kerrigan were called "perhaps the most important young writers in musical theatre today."
Lowdermilk has received a Richard Rodgers Staged Reading Award from the American Academy of Arts and Letters, an Alan Menken scholarship award from NYU Steinhardt, and a Jonathan Larson Memorial Fellowship at the Dramatists Guild.
A fully staged production of The Woman Upstairs is in talks to be presented at the University of the Arts, in Philadelphia, PA, eventually.
in 2011, Kerrigan-Lowdermilk released their first CD "OUR FIRST MISTAKE". The CD was a result of fan support through a campaign on Kickstarter. To celebrate both the CD and their fans, Kerrigan-Lowdermilk have also launched a New York City concert tour.
On December 4th, 2013, it was announced that the pair will make their London debut in a concert at the St James Theatre. The announcement was made via their shared twitter and confirmed by producers, United Theatrical- a London based theatrical production company run by Stuart Matthew Price and James Yeoburn.
- Battleship Ticonderoga (book by Brian Lowdermilk and Marcus Stevens)
- Cellular Passion
- Elliot and the Magic Bed (lyrics by Brian Lowdermilk and Marcus Stevens; book by Marcus Stevens)
- From Where I Stand
- Henry and Mudge (with Kait Kerrigan)
- Places You Never Called Home
- RED (lyrics by Brian Lowdermilk and Marcus Stevens; book by Marcus Stevens)
- Room To Grow
- Transient Days (book by Zach Altman)
- The Unauthorized Autobiography of Samantha Brown (music and lyrics by Brian Lowdermilk; book and lyrics by Kait Kerrigan; additional book and concept by Zach Altman)
- Tales from the Bad Years (with Kait Kerrigan)
- Whatever It Takes (book by Brian Lowdermilk and Gary Sunshine; book by Gary Sunshine)
- The Woman Upstairs (with Kait Kerrigan)
- Wrong Number (with Kait Kerrigan)
- OUR FIRST MISTAKE (Kerrigan & Lowdermilk)'
- Graeber, Laurel (2007-01-05). "SPARE TIMES: Jan. 5 - Jan. 11; HENRY AND MUDGE". The New York Times (The New York Times Company). Retrieved 2008-05-01.
- Murray, Matthew (2006-12-17). "Off Broadway: Not Your Grandma's Theatre - Henry and Mudge". Talkin Broadway. www.TalkinBroadway.Org, Inc. Retrieved 2008-05-01.
- "Academy Awards". American Academy of Arts and Letters. Archived from the original on 2008-03-06. Retrieved 2008-05-01.
- Maureen Belluscio (September 24, 2004). "Broadway prodigy hits the big time". Washington Square News. Retrieved 2008-05-01.[dead link]