Brian Lynch (basketball)
|League||Basketball League Belgium|
June 12, 1978 |
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
|Nationality||American / Belgian|
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|High school||Christian Brothers Academy
(Lincroft, New Jersey)
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
|2003||Stayer Reggio Calabria|
|2003||Paris Basket Racing|
|2008–2009||Antwerp Diamond Giants|
|2013–2014||Port of Antwerp Giants (assistant)|
Brian Robert Lynch (born June 12, 1978) is a retired American professional basketball player and current coach.
Lynch was born in Point Pleasant, New Jersey to Mary and Richard Lynch, a retired Belmar police chief. Lynch is of Irish descent. He grew up in Belmar, New Jersey and went to high school at Christian Brothers Academy. He played college basketball at Villanova University.
After graduating from Villanova in 2000, Lynch went to Europe to play professionally. There, he spent his first few years as a journeyman playing for numerous teams in different European countries before settling in Belgium in 2004. He last played forward for the Antwerp Diamond Giants in Antwerp, Belgium from 2008 to 2009. In February 2013, it was reported that Lynch would become the assistant coach of the Antwerp Giants for the next season. In 2014 he signed a 5-year contract with newly formed club Limburg United.
He secretly married Belgian tennis player Kim Clijsters on July 13, 2007 at 6:00 a.m. at the Bree city hall. They were married by the mayor. On February 27, 2008, she gave birth to the couple's first child, a daughter, Jada. On February 25, 2013, Clijsters announced on her Twitter account that they are expecting a second child. On 18 September 2013, Clijsters gave birth to their second child, a son, Jack Leon Lynch.
Since Clijsters' successful comeback to tennis in 2009, Lynch has travelled the tour with her and their daughter and is seen attending all of her matches.
Lynch has three brothers: Christopher, Kevin and Patrick.
- Orr, Conor (September 10, 2010). "Belmar's Brian Lynch balances Jersey life, Belgian culture with tennis champ wife Kim Clijsters". NJ.com. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- Araton, Harvey (September 5, 2010). "Two-Time Champion and 'Part Jersey Girl'". The New York Times. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "Clijsters, Lynch wed in Belgian ceremony", Asbury Park Press, July 14, 2007. Accessed July 25, 2007.
- Detal, Bertrand (February 25, 2013). "Brian Lynch assistant-coach à l'Antwerp" (in French). Sport.be.msn. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "Brian Lynch tekent voor vijf seizoenen bij Limburg United". Demorgen.be (in Dutch). 2014-03-24. Retrieved 2014-06-11.
- ESPN - Clijsters gives birth to daughter, names her Jada - Tennis
- Clijsters, Kim (February 25, 2013). "Twitter / Clijsterskim : Hi everyone, we have some exciting ...". Twitter.com. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "Kim Clijsters pregnant with second child". Tennisworldusa.org. February 25, 2013. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- Clijsters, Kim (18 September 2013). "Twitter / Clijsterskim : Jack Leon Lynch is Born!...". Twitter.com. Retrieved 18 September 2013.