Brian McGee (drummer)
|Born||8 March 1959|
|Origin||Gorbals, Glasgow, Scotland|
|Genres||Punk rock, new wave, post-punk|
|Instruments||Drums, percussion, vocals|
|Associated acts||Johnny and the Self Abusers, Simple Minds, Endgames, Propaganda, Ex-Simple Minds|
He met future Simple Minds frontman Jim Kerr at Holyrood R.C. Secondary School, and joined him and other friends (guitarist Charlie Burchill and bassist Tony Donald) from the same school in the band Biba-Rom! around the mid-1970s, while still at school. In 1977, they formed the punk band Johnny and the Self Abusers, whose name changed to Simple Minds. He was present on the albums Life in a Day, Real to Real Cacophony, Empires and Dance and Sons and Fascination. In September 1981, he left Simple Minds after having tired of constant touring and life with the band.
After working in his parents' pub, he joined Endgames, replacing David Wilde who left to tour with another Glasgow based band, Altered Images. After two albums, the band dissolved in 1985. By that time, he, along with former Simple Minds bandmate Derek Forbes, joined Propaganda, remaining until 1995. In 2009, they both formed the band Ex-Simple Minds.
- Brian McGEE (SIMPLE MINDS): astrology and birth chart
- "dream giver redux | family tree | biba-rom!". Simpleminds.org. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "dream giver redux | family tree | johnny and the self abusers". Simpleminds.org. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "dream giver redux | family tree | simple minds #1". Simpleminds.org. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "dream giver redux | people | brian mcgee". Simpleminds.org. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Propaganda Discography at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2 April 2013.