Montenegro warming up for West Ham, October 2011
|Full name||Brian Guillermo Montenegro Martínez|
|Date of birth||18 June 1993|
|Place of birth||Asunción, Paraguay|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Striker / Winger|
|2011–2012||→ West Ham United (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 July 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Brian Guillermo Montenegro Martínez (born 18 June 1993) is a Paraguayan footballer who plays for Club Nacional Asunción. He can play as a winger and a striker. He is a former Paraguay U20 international.
West Ham United loan
He joined West Ham on 29 August 2011 where he signed a season-long loan contract saying, "I am very excited to come here and play in England, especially for a club like West Ham. I am hoping to get a chance to show the fans what I can do." Montenegro's debut game came on 8 January 2012 in a 1–0 FA Cup third round away defeat to Sheffield Wednesday. At the end of the season, a new contract was not agreed and he returned to Paraguay.
Rubio Ñú and Libertad
In 2013, he joined Paraguayan Primera División side Rubio Ñú where he scored three goals in 14 games. His form earned him a move to fellow Paraguayan Primera División side Club Libertad. During the 2013/14 season he scored nine goals in 36 games.
In July 2014, Montenegro signed with Primera División Paraguaya Club Nacional Asunción to participate in the semi-final stages of the 2014 Copa Libertadores and the Torneo Clasura of the Paraguayan Championship.
Replacing injured forward Fredy Bareiro, Montenegro was in the starting line-up of the first-leg of Nacional's semi-final Copa Libertadores fixture against Defensor Sporting on 22 July. In the 35th minute of the first-half, Montenegro opened the scoring for Nacional, giving them a 1–0 lead, the goal was assisted by Julián Benítez. The fixture concluded 2–0 in favor of Nacional.
Montenegro has played for Paraguay's Under-20 side and featured in the 2011 South American Youth Championship in January 2011. He also played at the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Turkey, where he scored with an "acrobatic overhead kick" against Greece in the group stage.
- "Player Profile". Footballzz.com.
- "Brian Montenegro". www.whufc.com. Retrieved 6 October 2011.
- "Montenegro signs". www.whufc.com. 29 August 2011. Retrieved 6 October 2011.
- "Sheffield Wed 1 - 0 West Ham". BBC Sport. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- "Brian vuelve a Inglaterra". ABC Color (in Spanish). 25 June 2012. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "Brian Montenegro no queda en West Ham". ABC Color (in Spanish). 14 July 2012. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "Brian Montenegro". footballzz.co.uk. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "Two draws leave Greece top". FIFA. Retrieved 22 May 2014.