No. 17 Tennessee Titans
|Date of birth:December 3, 1987|
|Place of birth: Los Angeles, California|
|High school: Chagrin Falls (OH)|
|College: Ohio State|
|NFL Draft: 2009 / Round: 2 / Pick: 36|
|Debuted in 2009 for the Cleveland Browns|
Career NFL statistics as of 2013
Brian Robiskie (born December 3, 1987) is an American football wide receiver for the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League (NFL). He was originally selected by the Cleveland Browns in the second round of the 2009 NFL Draft and has also been a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars and Detroit Lions. Robiskie played collegiately at Ohio State.
Robiskie was born in Los Angeles, California, and grew up in the Cleveland, Ohio area, where his father was a Cleveland Browns assistant coach. He attended Chagrin Falls High School, where he set numerous school records as a wide receiver.
Robiskie played college football at Ohio State. He saw little playing time in his freshman and sophomore season at Ohio State, but caught the winning touchdown pass in Ohio State's annual rivalry game with Michigan in 2006, and was named a starter his junior season. His performance in the 2007 season helped the Buckeyes advance to the 2008 BCS National Championship Game. Robiskie's receptions and yards were down in the 2008 season with new freshman quarterback Terrelle Pryor at the helm, but he was still a highly touted prospect coming into the 2009 NFL Draft.
The Cleveland Browns selected Robiskie in the second round of the 2009 NFL Draft, the 36th overall pick. On November 1, 2011, Robiskie was waived by the Browns in order to clear a roster slot to sign running back Thomas Clayton.
Robiskie was signed by the Detroit Lions on October 24, 2012, and appeared in 6 games for them. He was released by the Lions on April 8, 2013, re-signed on April 15, and cut again by the Lions on June 24.
Robiskie's career NFL statistics, through 2012, are:
- Brian Robiskie at clevelandbrowns.com
- Brian Robiskie Biography - The Ohio State Buckeyes Official Athletics Site - OhioStateBuckeyes.com
- "Brian Robiskie". Jacksonville Jaguars. Retrieved December 21, 2012.
- "Brian Robiskie". Cleveland Browns. Retrieved April 8, 2013.
- McCosky, Chris (April 8, 2013). "Lions cut receiver Brian Robiskie". The Detroit News. Retrieved April 8, 2013.
- Brian Robiskie returns to Lions
- "Lions re-sign RB Joique Bell". Associated Press. April 15, 2013. Retrieved April 15, 2013.
- Monarrez, Carlos (June 24, 2013). "Detroit Lions add safety Chris Hope, release receiver Brian Robiskie". The Detroit Free Press. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- Alper, Josh. "Titans sign Brian Robiskie". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- "Trash-talking Falcons father doesn't faze Lions' Brian Robiskie". Detroit News. December 21, 2012. Retrieved December 21, 2012.