Brian Rudman is a journalist and regular editorial contributor to The New Zealand Herald, New Zealand's largest daily newspaper. He has his own column, 'Rudman's City', where he mainly focuses on issues relating to Auckland (New Zealand's largest city), its growth, public projects, policies and politicians. He is also active in related events and public discussions.
Rudman's views are often controversial and comparatively blunt. He has been the subject of at least three complaints to the New Zealand Press Council, though none of them were upheld. He has also been accused by Michael Bassett, another known New Zealand columnist as well as politician/political historian, as being one of "the usual left-wing commentators who take their cue from on high" in regards to some comments he made regarding Don Brash.
Rudman has been awarded the Charles Southwell Award from the New Zealand Association of Rationalists and Humanists, for "his many years of equitable and informed journalism, often supporting views compatible with the objectives of this Association".
- Brian Rudman (column homepage at the The New Zealand Herald)
- Let's Talk City: A Forum (from the 'Sills van Bohemen Architecture' company website)
- Case Number: 806 Real Management Against New Zealand Herald (from the New Zealand Press Council website, Council Meeting November 2000)
- Case Number: 868 Water Pressure Group Against New Zealand Herald (from the New Zealand Press Council website, Council Meeting February 2002)
- Case Number: 903 C R Yates Against New Zealand Herald (from the New Zealand Press Council website, Council Meeting November 2002)
- Don Brash (from the private website of Michael Bassett, 04/05/2002)
- Brian Rudman (20 July 2011). "Should MPs put NZ first? My oath". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 10 September 2011.
- The Charles Southwell Award (from the New Zealand Association of Rationalists and Humanists website)
|This article about a New Zealand writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|