Solis speaking in Geneva, 2011.
|Born||December 8, 1970|
|Residence||Redwood City, California, U.S.|
|Occupation||Principal, The Altimeter Group, Author, Speaker|
Brian Solis is a well-known media strategist, keynote speaker, and bestselling author. He is the principal at Altimeter Group, a research and advisory firm, author of the bestselling books The End of Business as Usual and Engage! and upcoming book What's the Future of Business (WTF).
Solis entered technology public relations in 1991, working for the Dodge and Mansfield agency in Ventura, California. From 1993 to 1996, he held the position of Director at The Benjamin Group, a Silicon Valley agency later acquired by Weber Shandwick.
In 1999, Solis founded FutureWorks, a digital and social media marketing company specializing in digital media, branding, and business strategy. With FutureWorks, Solis led interactive and social programs for Fortune 500 companies, notable celebrities, and Web 2.0 startups.
Solis created The Conversation Prism in 2008, an infographic depicting the different types of social media categories and the companies that represent them. In 2011, Solis followed up with The Brandsphere, an infographic depicting how brands propagate through digital media, which he refers to as the "transmedia" landscape. Solis is also the creator of the popular infographics Twitterverse, Social Compass, and Behaviorgraphics.
Altimeter Group 
In 2011, Solis joined the Altimeter Group as a principal analyst. He works with businesses on new media strategies and frameworks to connect companies and customers, employees, and other stakeholders. He specializes in digital media and social business strategies.
Social influence 
In 2012, Billboard Magazine included Solis in their "Billboard's Twitter 140: The Music Industry Characters You Need to Follow". The same year, The Huffington Post named Solis among the "100 Business, Leadership and Technology Twitter Accounts You Must Follow". Mashable named Solis one of the "25 Twitter Accounts That Will Make You Smarter".
Solis is a frequent keynote speaker, with appearances at South by Southwest (where he interviewed Billy Corgan in 2012, and Shaquille O'Neal in 2013), LeWeb, the Napoleon Innovation Series, and others.
In March 2011, Wiley released Engage!: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web. The book explores how to use and influence social media sites such as Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook to grow business. Actor Ashton Kutcher wrote the introduction to the book.
The End of Business as Usual 
The End of Business As Usual, published in October 2011, is Solis' diagnosis of the future of social media and web interconnectedness with a forward by Katie Couric. Solis examines how influential businesses find success with interconnected customers, or what he calls "Generation C."
What's the Future of Business 
- Lazar, Shira. "Brian Solis on Five Common Social Media Mistakes and How to Avoid Them". Entrepreneur Magazine.
- Constine, Josh (March 21, 2012). "Klout and PeerIndex Don’t Measure Influence. Brian Solis Explains What They Actually Do". TechCrunch.
- Marshall Kirkpatrick (March 9, 2011). "Corporate Social Strategy Firm Altimeter Adds Industry Leader Brian Solis to Its Team". ReadWriteWeb.
- Rosenbloom, Stephanie. "For the Plugged-In, Too Many Choices". New York Times.
- Norman, Joshua. "Boomers Joining Social Media at Record Rate". CBS News.
- Duros, Sally (November 9, 2011). "Brian Solis: What the C-suite can learn from connected consumers". 453digital.com.
- Courtney Boyd Myers (April 14, 2011). "An Interview with Brian Solis". TNW Social Media.
- Macel (January 3, 2013). "Brian Solis: Blazing Along The Social Media and Internet Marketing Trail". YourAlternativeLifestyle.com.
- Ciarallo, John (October 2, 2009). "Interview: Brian Solis, FutureWorks Principal, Blogger, Author". Media Bistro.
- Dial, Minter (January 13, 2013). "Interview with @BrianSolis on the Inescapable Digital Transformation". TheMyndset.com.
- Leggio, Jennifer (August 7, 2008). "'Conversation Prism' helps corporations visualize social media strategies". ZDNet.
- Zennie62 (August 23, 2011). "Infographic The Brandsphere By Brian Solis and JESS3 Is Complex Social Media". SF Gate.
- "'Conversation Prism". The Conversation Prism.
- Finnegan, Orlaith (January 21, 2013). "Brian Solis interview: Tips to kick start your Social Media Strategy". DigitalMind.com.
- "CrunchBase Profile". CrunchBase.
- Molitor, Emily (October 8, 2010). "Brian Solis on giving your customers something to talk about". SmartBlogs.com.
- "Silicon Valley's 40 Under 40". Silicon Valley Business Journal.
- "http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/1084479/billboards-twitter-140-the-music-industry-characters-you-need-to-follow". Billboard Magazine.
- Afshar, Vala. "Top 100 Business, Leadership and Technology Twitter Accounts You Must Follow". The Huffington Post.
- Petronzio, Matt. "http://mashable.com/2012/07/27/smart-twitter-accounts/#772311-Mental-Floss". Mashable.
- "Power 150". Ad Age.
- "Billy Corgan Rants About 'Posers' at SXSW". Rolling Stone. March 13, 2012.
- "Designers are Experience Architects, says Brian Solis at LeWeb’12". Perspctives.3ds.com. December 10, 2012.
- "Ford’s Jim Farley on the importance of putting your brand in the hands of customers". BrianSolis.com. January 6, 2012.
- Nilsson, Joakim (January 21, 2013). "The inescapable digital transformation with Brian Solis at #InnoNapo". JoakimNilsson.com.
- Greenberg, Paul (January 24, 2013). "Lessons from and for 21st Century Leaders". EnterpriseIrregulars.com.
- "Pivot Conference". PivotCon.com.
- Solis, Brian. "San Fran Mayor Says Governments Should Act Like Startups". Mashable.
- "Brian Solis TV". Brian Solis.
- Erik Qualman (March 17, 2010). "Social Media Thought Leaders – Who's No. 1?". ClickZ.
- "The top 10 business bestsellers". Business Standard. April 19, 2010.
- Solis, Brian (April 23, 2010). "21 Twitter Tips From Socially Savvy Companies". Fast Company.
- Thomas, Jesse (April 12, 2012). "Engagement Ain't Nothin' But A Number: Brian Solis on Connected Customers". Forbes.
- Peacock, Marisa (March 27, 2012). "Forget Everything You Know About Measuring Digital Influence". CMSWire.com.
- "WTF Amazon Page". Amazon.com.
- Solis, Brian. "Announcing my next book: What’s the Future of Business?". Brian Solis.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Brian Solis|