Solis speaking in Geneva, 2011.
|Born||December 8, 1970|
|Residence||Redwood City, California, U.S.|
|Occupation||Principal, The Altimeter Group, Author, Speaker|
Brian Solis is a digital marketing analyst, speaker, and author. He is the principal at Altimeter Group, a research and advisory firm and the author of several books on social media marketing.
Solis began his career in technology marketing and public relations in 1991 at the Dodge and Mansfield agency in Ventura, California. From 1996 to 1999, he held the position of Director at The Benjamin Group, a Silicon Valley agency later acquired by Weber Shandwick. In 1999, Solis a digital and social media marketing company called FutureWorks. In 2011, Solis joined the Altimeter Group as a principal analyst.
Solis' blog is ranked in the Top 10 of the Ad Age Power 150. Solis authored Engage!: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web, which was published in 2011. This was followed by The End of Business As Usual, later that year. In 2013, Solis announced that his next book, titled What's the Future of Business: Changing the Way Businesses Create Experiences, was scheduled for release in March 11, 2013.
- 2007 Now is Gone (with Geoff Livingston)
- 2009 Putting the Public Back in Public Relations (with Deirdre K. Breakenridge)
- 2011 Engage!: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web
- 2011 The End of Business As Usual
- 2013 What's the Future of Business: Changing the Way Businesses Create Experiences
- Lazar, Shira. "Brian Solis on Five Common Social Media Mistakes and How to Avoid Them". Entrepreneur Magazine.
- Constine, Josh (March 21, 2012). "Klout and PeerIndex Don’t Measure Influence. Brian Solis Explains What They Actually Do". TechCrunch.
- Marshall Kirkpatrick (March 9, 2011). "Corporate Social Strategy Firm Altimeter Adds Industry Leader Brian Solis to Its Team". ReadWriteWeb.
- Rosenbloom, Stephanie. "For the Plugged-In, Too Many Choices". New York Times.
- Norman, Joshua. "Boomers Joining Social Media at Record Rate". CBS News.
- Courtney Boyd Myers (April 14, 2011). "An Interview with Brian Solis". TNW Social Media.
- Ciarallo, John (October 2, 2009). "Interview: Brian Solis, FutureWorks Principal, Blogger, Author". Media Bistro.
- "Billy Corgan Rants About 'Posers' at SXSW". Rolling Stone. March 13, 2012.
- Greenberg, Paul (January 24, 2013). "Lessons from and for 21st Century Leaders". EnterpriseIrregulars.com.
- "Power 150". Ad Age.
- Solis, Brian (April 23, 2010). "21 Twitter Tips From Socially Savvy Companies". Fast Company.
- Thomas, Jesse (April 12, 2012). "Engagement Ain't Nothin' But A Number: Brian Solis on Connected Customers". Forbes.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brian Solis.|