|Born||Brian Leslie Weiss
November 6, 1944
New York, USA
|Alma mater||Columbia University, Yale University|
|Known for||Reincarnation research|
Education and medical career
Weiss studied at Columbia University, and later graduated from the Yale University School of Medicine in 1970, completing an internship in internal medicine at the New York University Medical Center then returning to Yale for a two-year residency in psychiatry. He went on to become Head of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami.
Past life regression and future life progression
According to Weiss, in 1980 one of his patients, "Catherine", began discussing past-life experiences under hypnosis. Weiss did not believe in reincarnation at the time but, after confirming elements of Catherine's stories through public records, came to be convinced of the survival of an element of the human personality after death. Weiss claims he has regressed more than 4,000 patients since 1980.
Weiss advocates hypnotic regression as therapy, claiming that many phobias and ailments are rooted in past-life experiences whose acknowledgment by the patient can have a curative effect. Weiss also writes about messages received from the Ascended masters he claims to have communicated with through his subjects. Weiss has explained such apparent discrepancies as the work of what he terms the superconscious mind, a state of hyperconscious awareness.
Weiss is a frequent guest on national television and radio talk shows, including: Oprah, Coast to Coast AM, Larry King Live and 20/20. He is the author of eight books on the subject of reincarnation, including Only Love is Real, a USA Today bestseller. In May 2008, he appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show on a show about reincarnation,  and five years later in June 2013, he was interviewed again by Oprah in the talk show Super Soul Sunday episode, on the OWN Network. 
Weiss lives with his wife Carole in Miami, Florida, where he writes and conducts public seminars and workshops on the subject of reincarnation. His daughter Amy E. Weiss is the co-author of his 2012 book Miracles Happen: The Transformational Healing Power of Past-Life Memories.
- Many Lives, Many Masters: The True Story of a Prominent Psychiatrist, His Young Patient, and the Past-Life Therapy That Changed Both Their Lives (1988). ISBN 0-671-65786-0
- Through Time into Healing: Discovering the Power of Regression Therapy to Erase Trauma and Transform Mind, Body and Relationships (1993). ISBN 0-7499-1835-7.
- Only Love Is Real: A Story of Soulmates Reunited (1997) ISBN 0-7499-1620-6.
- Messages From the Masters: Tapping into the Power of Love (2001). ISBN 0-7499-2167-6
- Mirrors of Time: Using Regression for Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Healing (2002). ISBN 1-5617-0929-8.
- Same Soul, Many Bodies: Discover the Healing Power of Future Lives through Progression Therapy (2005). ISBN 0-7499-2541-8. ISBN 0-7432-6434-7.
- Miracles Happen: The Transformational Healing Power of Past Life Memories (2012) ISBN 978-0-06-220122-5
- Miller, Lisa (August 27, 2010). "Remembrances of Lives Past". The New York Times.
- "Past Lives". Lodi News-Sentinel. Oct 19, 1989. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- "Doctor Details Patient's Past Lives". Miami Herald. May 29, 1989. p. 6B.
- Breakfast with Brian Weiss, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, August 5, 2002, Accessed April 25, 2009.
- I Died in Dachau in a Previous Life, Evening Herald, November 7, 2008, Accessed April 25, 2009.
- Dr. Mehmet Oz. "Does Past-Life Regression Work?". Oprah. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- "Oprah and Dr. Brian Weiss: Reincarnation, Past Lives and Miracles (Aired: 06/02/2013)". OWN network. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- Miracles Happen: The Transformational Healing Power of Past-Life Memories
- "Woman relives the spooky experience with past-life regression". Daily Mail. 5 June 2013. Retrieved 2014-06-25.