Briana Banks at the AVN Adult Entertainment Expo on January 12, 2008
May 21, 1978 
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||110 lb (50 kg; 7.9 st)|
|No. of adult films||207 + 81 compilations (per IAFD)|
Briana Bany was born in Munich, Bavaria to a German father and an American mother. They moved to Britain when she was aged four, then to the Los Angeles suburb of Simi Valley when she was seven. Her father still lives in Germany. She moved out of her mother's house when she was 16, taking her 14-year-old sister with her. She got custody of her sister when she turned 18. She modeled as a teenager, including a cover of Teen magazine. She held various other jobs before entering the adult industry; making pizza, clerk at an arts and crafts store, file clerk and secretary.
In 1999 she responded to a newspaper ad to do nude modeling for adult magazines. The photographer put her in a pornographic film. Her first film was University Coeds 18, for Dane Entertainment, in which she performed opposite Brandon Iron. She entered the industry under the name "Mirage", but began calling herself "Briana Banks" in 2000, after having the first of two breast enlargement operations. Having had aspirations of being a supermodel, she chose the professional surname "Banks" after model Tyra Banks. Her first appearance using the new name was in the film Decadent Whores 9. She was Penthouse magazine's Pet of the Month in June 2001. The same year, she signed with Vivid Entertainment.
Banks claims to have the longest legs in the business (36 in (91 cm) inseam). She has a ribbon tattoo on her lower back. For several years her regular boyfriend was porn actor Bobby Vitale, but they broke up in 2006.
Banks was a contributing author in the 2004 book How To Have a XXX Sex Life: The Ultimate Vivid Guide (ISBN 9780060581480, from ReganBooks), in which she and other Vivid contract stars give advice and tips about sex, as well as relate anecdotes from their personal sex lives.
On October 13, 2006, Banks reportedly filed a federal lawsuit seeking more than US$75,000 in damages against Doc Johnson Enterprises, charging that they had created unauthorized products from molds of her genitals.
Awards and nominations
|2001||AVN Award||Nominated||Most Outrageous Sex Scene (with Mark Cummings)||Perverted Stories 28|
|Hot d'Or Award||Won||Best American Starlet||N/A|
|NightMoves Award||Won||Best New Starlet (Fan’s Choice)||N/A|
|XRCO Award||Nominated||Starlet of the Year||N/A|
|Penthouse||Won||Pet of the Month - June||N/A|
|2002||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene - Film (with Lola, Aurora Snow & Joey Ray)||Taboo 2001|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene - Video (with Justine Romee & Joel Lawrence)||Tails of Perversity 8|
|XRCO Award||Nominated||Best Girl-Girl Sex Scene (with Jenna Jameson)||My Plaything Jenna Jameson|
|2003||AVN Award||Nominated||Female Performer of the Year||N/A|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene - Film (with Chandler, Michele Raven, Cheyne Collins, Dale DaBone & Pat Myne)||Vision|
|Nominated||Best All-Girl Sex Scene - Video (with Jenna Jameson)||Briana Loves Jenna|
|Won||Best Renting Title of the Year|
|Won||Best Selling Title of the Year|
|XRCO Award||Nominated||Best Girl-Girl Scene (with Jenna Jameson)|
|AFWG Award||Won||Best All-Girl Sex Scene - Video (with Jenna Jameson)|
|2004||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Supporting Actress - Video||Tricks|
|2005||Exotic Dancer Award||Won||Adult Movie Feature||N/A|
|2006||AVN Award||Nominated||Crossover Star of the Year||N/A|
|2007||AVN Award||Nominated||Contract Star of the Year||Vivid Entertainment|
|2008||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Actress - Film||Layout|
|Nominated||Best All-Girl Sex Scene - Film (with Penny Flame)|
|Nominated||Best Anal Sex Scene - Film (with Kurt Lockwood)|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene - Film (with Hillary Scott, Evan Stone & Brooke Haven)|
|Nominated||Best All-Girl Sex Scene - Video||Where the Boys Aren't 18|
|2009||AVN Award||Nominated||Best All-Girl Group Sex Scene (with Lanny Barby, Lexie Marie, Nina Mercedez, Monique Alexander, Savanna Samson, Stefani Morgan, Tawny Roberts, Tera Patrick, Lacey & Lyndsey Love)||Where the Boys Aren't 19: Arabian Nights|
|Nominated||Best Anal Sex Scene (with Manuel Ferrara)||Perfect Match|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene (with Mick Blue, Michael Stefano & John Strong)|
|Won||Hall of Fame||N/A|
|2010||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Double Penetration Sex Scene (with Ben English & Otto Bauer)||Flashback|
- "Porn Star Briana Banks Sues Over Sex Toys", WTAE-TV, October 13, 2006. Retrieved April 28, 2007.
- "Briana Banks". Penthouse. Retrieved 2007-08-11.
- "Official website of Briana Banks: About Me". brianabanksreloaded.com. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "Brianna Banks Interviews", Cindi Loftus, Xcitement magazine, April 20, 2001, on Lukeisback.com, retrieved 2007-05-08.
- "Briana Banks: From Teen Magazine Cover Girl to Vivid Porn Queen", Mike Ramone, AVN Insider, 2002-05-17. Retrieved April 28, 2007.
- "Briana Banks", interview by Melissa Monet, June 10, 2001, Pornstarempire.com. Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- "In Tight with Briana Banks", TeraBabes interview, January 8, 2003. Retrieved May 6, 2007.
- She explained this in an interview included among the DVD extras for the documentary Thinking XXX.
- "An indepth interview with Vivid Star Briana Banks", Cindi Loftus, Pornstarz.org, March 2010.
- "Briana Banks: Action Figure", Carly Milne, AVN Insider, 2002-06-28. Retrieved May 6, 2007.
- "2001 AVN Awards Nominations List". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2001-03-09. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "10th Hot d'Or ceremony". Hot d'Or. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "Past Winner History". Nightmoves. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "XRCO Award Nominations". 2001-03-19. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "2002 AVN Awards Nominations List". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2001-12-08. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- Tricia Devereaux (2002-03-15). "XRCO Nominations". AdultDVDTalk. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "2003 AVN Awards Nominations List". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2002-11-27. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "2003 AVN Awards Winners Announced: Awards Presented Big Year for Evil Angel...". AVN. 2003-01-21. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "Belladonna Dominates XRCO Nominations". AVN. 2003-03-05. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "Evil Angel, The Fashionistas Dominate Adam Film World 2002 Movie Awards". AVN. 2003-05-01. Retrieved 2014-02-12.
- "AVN 2004 Nominations". Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "The 2005 Award Winners". ED Publications. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "AVN AWARDS 2006 NOMINEES". Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "AVN AWARDS 2007 NOMINEES". Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "The 2008 AVN Awards Nominations". Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "NOMINATIONS 2009 AVN Adult Movie Awards". Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- David Sullivan (2009-01-11). "2009 AVN Award-Winners Announced". AVN. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Briana Banks.|
- Official website
- Briana Banks at the Internet Movie Database
- Briana Banks at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Briana Banks at the Adult Film Database
- Podcast Interview
- Briana Banks on Twitter