|Brianna Lynn Brown|
Brown in 2012
|Born||Brianna Lynn Brown
October 2, 1979
Saint Paul, Minnesota, U.S.
Brianna Lynn Brown (born October 2, 1979) is an American actress and producer, known for her television roles as Lisa Niles in the ABC daytime soap opera General Hospital, and as Taylor Stappord in the Lifetime primetime soap opera Devious Maids.
Life and career
Brown was born in Saint Paul, Minnesota and attended St. Olaf College. After starting out as a singer, she changed her focus to acting after being talked into going out for a high school musical by a student teacher. She made her first on-screen appearance in 1999 in the episode of NBC series Freaks and Geeks, and in later years acted in many films and television series.
Brown has played the leading roles in the 2006 horror film Night of the Living Dead 3D, and in the 2007 horror film Timber Falls. Her most significant supporting roles to date have been in the Judd Apatow comedies The 40-Year-Old Virgin and Knocked Up. On television, she guest starred in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Smallville, Entourage, The Mentalist, Without a Trace, The Closer, Joey, and Criminal Minds.
In 2009, Brown was cast as Lisa Niles in ABC daytime soap opera General Hospital. In June, 2011 she left from soap. Later in 2011, she played an undercover informant for the CIA in the Showtime thriller series Homeland.
In 2012, Brown won the regular role in season one of primetime comedy-drama series Devious Maids. The series was originally in development to air on ABC, but not picked up. On June 2012, Lifetime picked up series to air on 2013. Her character left after season one. In 2014 she was cast as regular in ABC drama pilot The Whispers opposite Lily Rabe and Milo Ventimiglia. On June 11, 2014, it was announced that Brown had left The Whispers due to creative reasons with her role soon to be recast and her scenes from the pilot to be reshot.
|2001||Animal, TheThe Animal||Other Mob|
|2003||Yuri & Me||Dee Dee||Short film|
|2004||Spider-Man 2||Train Passenger|
|2005||Storyteller, TheThe Storyteller||Susan|
|2005||40-Year-Old Virgin, TheThe 40-Year-Old Virgin||Bar Girl|
|2005||Conversations with Other Women||Bride|
|2005||Ex Post Facto||Lynn||Short film|
|2005||National Lampoon's Adam and Eve||Cindy|
|2006||Night of the Living Dead 3D||Barb|
|2006||Love's Abiding Joy||Melinda Klein|
|2007||Knocked Up||Alison's Friend|
|2007||No Destination||Aryl||Short film|
|2010||Lost Tribe, TheThe Lost Tribe||Alexis|
|2010||Encounter, TheThe Encounter||Bretta Louie Van Seil||Long Island International Film Expo for Best Actress|
|2011||Retail Therapy||Brianna Hyatt||Short film|
|1999||Search for the Jewel of Polaris: Mysterious Museum||Kim||TV movie|
|1999||Freaks and Geeks||The Cheerleader||Episode: "Pilot"|
|2000||Freaks and Geeks||Perky Blonde||Episode: "Kim Kelly Is My Friend"|
|2001||Special Unit 2||Candy||Episode: "The Depths"|
|2002||Off Centre||Customer||Episode: "The Gas Crisis"|
|2002||Robbery Homicide Division||Jules Azar||Episode: "In/Famous"|
|2002||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Jane Galloway||Episode: "Stalker"|
|2003||Lost at Home||Lisa||Episode: "The Story of Us"
Episode: "Best Friends"
|2003||CSI: Miami||Amanda||Episode: "Big Brother"|
|2004||Smallville||Abigail Fine||Episode: "Facade"|
|2005||Joey||Elsa||Episode: "Joey and the Temptation"|
|2005||Entourage||Jewelry Salesgirl||Episode: "My Maserati Does 185"|
|2006||Monk||Joanne Raphelson||Episode: "Mr. Monk and the Astronaut"|
|2006||Shark||Carrie Reed||Episode: "Pilot"
Episode: "LAPD Blue"
|2007||Dash 4 Cash||Noelle||TV movie|
|2007||CSI: NY||Heidi Pesco||Episode: "The Ride In"|
|2008||Without a Trace||Bobby Kruger||Episode: "Driven"|
|2009||Closer, TheThe Closer||Lauren Clark||Episode: "Power of Attorney"|
|2009||Criminal Minds||Megan Kane||Episode: "Pleasure Is My Business"|
|2010-2011||General Hospital||Lisa Niles||238 episodes|
|2011||Homeland||Lynne Reed||Episode: "Grace"
Episode: "Clean Skin"
|2011||Body of Proof||Molly Anderson||Episode: "Love Bites"|
|2011||Adults Only||Kris||TV series|
|2012||Private Practice||Sam's Date||Episode: "The Standing Eight Count"|
|2012||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Paula Bingham||Episode: "Tressed to Kill"|
|2012||Dating Rules from My Future Self||Noelle||TV series|
|2012||Awake||Kate||Episode: "Kate is Enough"|
|2012||True Blood||Leda||Episode: "We’ll Meet Again"|
|2013-14||Devious Maids||Taylor Stappord||Series regular (Season 1; 9 episodes)
Special guest star (Season 2; 1 episode)
|2014||The Mentalist||Krystal Markham||Episode: "White Lines"|
|2014||Graceland||Kelly Badillo||Episode: "Connects"
Episode: "The Line"
- "Brianna Brown Biography". Tvguide.com. 2012-11-28. Retrieved 2013-07-21.
- "Brianna Brown Biography". Buddytv.com. 1979-10-02. Retrieved 2013-07-21.
- December 18, 2007 (2007-12-18). "Brown Sugar: Brianna Brown 1". Maxim. Retrieved 2013-07-21.
- "Babe of the Day: Brianna Brown - IGN". Au.stars.ign.com. 2007-11-30. Retrieved 2013-07-21.
- "Brianna Brown Replaces Julie Mond on General Hospital". TV Fanatic. 2009-12-07. Retrieved 2013-07-21.
- "GH's Brown Says 'Bye". ABC Soaps In Depth. 2011-06-22. Retrieved 2013-07-21.
- Name. "Brianna Brown in Showtime's Homeland". Boomtron.com. Retrieved 2013-07-21.
- 1 years. "'General Hospital' Alum Joins Marc Cherry's 'Devious Maids' (Exclusive)". Hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 2013-07-21.
- Published Wednesday, Mar 7 2012, 13:03 GMT (2012-03-07). "'Homeland' Brianna Brown added to 'Devious Maids' pilot - US TV News". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2013-07-21.
- Andreeva, Nellie (June 22, 2012). "Lifetime Picks Up 'Devious Maids' From Producer Marc Cherry". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "Lifetime Sets June 23 Premiere Date for All-New Drama Series 'Devious Maids'". Blogs.indiewire.com. April 10, 2013. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "Twitter/BrownBrianna: It doesn't make sense 4 my". Twitter.com. September 26, 2013. Retrieved October 1, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "Bresha Webb To Star In ABC Pilot 'Keep It Together'; Brianna Brown Joins 'Visitors'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2014-04-01.