James E. Lyon developed Briarmeadow. A July 10, 1955 article described the beginning of Briarmeadow. At first 258 acres (1.04 km2) straddled Westheimer Road, with 18 acres (73,000 m2) for commercial and retail establishments.
The 1957 Parade of Homes showcased Briarmeadow.
Briarmeadow is zoned to:
- "James E. Lyon's Impact on Briarmeadow." Briarmeadow.
- "Briarmeadow's 50th Anniversary." Briarmeadow.
- "Trustee Districts Map." Houston Independent School District. Retrieved on November 11, 2008.
- "Piney Point Elementary Attendance Zone." Houston Independent School District.
- "Revere Middle Attendance Zone." Houston Independent School District.
- Home Page as of May 9, 2005. Lee High School.
- "Registration." Briarmeadow Charter School.