|Stable release||13.2.8 / June 11, 2013|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux|
|Size||159 MB (Windows)
101 MB (Linux)
BricsCAD is a software application for computer-aided design (CAD) developed by Bricsys. The company was founded in 2002 by Erik de Keyser, a longtime CAD entrepreneur. In 2011 Bricsys acquired the intellectual property rights from Ledas for constraints-based parametric design tools permitting the development of applications in the areas of direct modeling and assembly design. Bricsys is headquartered in Ghent, Belgium, has additional development centers in Nizhny Novgorod and Novosibirsk, Russia, and in Bucharest, Romania, and is a founding member of the Open Design Alliance.
The BricsCAD software, available for the Windows and Linux operating systems, is available in three editions:
- BricsCAD Classic: familiar 2D CAD functionality including Lisp API
- BricsCAD Pro: Classic plus 3D direct modeling, rendering, assemblies viewing and all APIs
- BricsCAD Platinum: Pro plus 3D constraints, design intent recognition and assemblies editing
BricsCAD uses the Open Design Alliance DWG libraries to read and write the DWG file format made popular by the AutoCAD CAD package. BricsCAD implements the AutoLISP scripting language, DCL, VBA and BRX.
The software is capable of most contemporary AutoCAD release functions. With release 12 it added 3D direct modeling. V13 of BricsCAD was released in October 2012, is available in 17 language versions and provides support for BIM, mapping and assembly functionality.
Bricsys is focused on the development of the core CAD software platform and works with application development partners to bring to market solutions for the AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction), Civil, GIS and mechanical CAD markets.
- Computer-aided design
- List of CAx companies
- Comparison of CAD software
- Comparison of CAD editors for CAE
- Bricsys Announces Immediate Availability of BricsCAD V13
- Erik de Keyser, CEO, Founder of Bricsys
- Can You Make Money Selling $500 CAD Software? The Bricsys Story, CAD Insider, October 3, 2012.
- Randall Newton, Bricsys aims to expand its low-cost CAD empire, GraphicSpeak - A Jon Peddie Research Publication, October 11, 2012.
- Randall Newton, Bricsys delivers viable alternative universe for DWG-based CAD development, GraphicSpeak - A Jon Peddie Research Publication, October 26, 2011.
- Get brisk with Bricscad, Geospatial Today
- Menhirs NV Acquires Intellectual Property Rights from LEDAS
- Ralph Grabowski, Exclusive Q&A: What it means, now that Bricsys bought IP from Ledas, WorldCAD Access, October 5, 2011.
- Open Design Alliance - ODA Members