Location of Bridgeport Dam
||Mono County, California
||38°17′20″N 119°13′52″W / 38.28889°N 119.23111°W
||Walker River Irrigation District
|Dam and spillways
|Type of dam
||East Walker River
||63 feet (19 m)
||900 feet (270 m)
|Elevation at crest
||6,471 feet (1,972 m)
||15 feet (4.6 m)
||132,000 cubic yards (101,000 m3)
||44,100 acre feet (54,400,000 m3)
||356 square miles (920 km2)
||3,125 acres (1,265 ha)
||6,460 feet (1,970 m)
Bridgeport Reservoir is a lake at the lower end of Bridgeport Valley in Mono County, California. Its earth-filled dam was constructed in 1923 by the Walker River Irrigation District, along the East Walker River. The lake has a storage capacity of 42,455 acre feet (52,367,000 m3), and is regulated by a Federal Watermaster supplying primarily agricultural irrigation and flood control for Lyon County, Nevada.
The community of Bridgeport which is the county seat of Mono, and the Bryant Field airstrip, are located along the river and adjacent to the upper end of the lake.
Recreational opportunities include boating and trout fishing, and resorts with boat launch facilities are located along the lake's east shore. Access is provided by California State Route 182.
- ^ a b c d e "Bridgeport Reservoir". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p "Dams Within the Jurisdiction of the State of California (A-G)" (PDF). California Department of Water Resources. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- ^ "Bridgeport 70-002 Dam". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- ^ State of Nevada Division of Water Resources, "Walker River Chronology"
- ^ University of Nevada, Reno Cooperative Extension, Fact Sheet 98-18, "Recreational Activities and Issues in the Walker River Basin"
- ^ Western Engineering and Surveying Services, "History of Water Right Transfers in Walker River Basin", Prepared for Great Basin Land and Water, April 23, 2007 accessed December 2009
- ^ California Department of Boating and Waterways, Facility Index, ID number 293 accessed December 2009